Bennett Bay Inn: Coeur d'Alene's BEST Kept Secret? (Luxury Awaits!)

Bennett Bay Inn Coeur D'Alene (ID) United States

Bennett Bay Inn Coeur D'Alene (ID) United States

Bennett Bay Inn: Coeur d'Alene's BEST Kept Secret? (Luxury Awaits!)

Bennett Bay Inn: Coeur d'Alene's "Best Kept Secret"? Buckle Up, Buttercup! (Luxury Awaits… Maybe?)

Okay, so I just got back from a stay at Bennett Bay Inn, and let me tell you, the "luxury awaits" tagline? Yeah, it's… ambitious. But before you write it off, hold your horses! This place is a trip. It's like they took a perfectly good, slightly dated hotel and sprinkled it with enough amenities to make you think you accidentally wandered into a spa-themed episode of "The Twilight Zone."

First Impressions & Accessibility: Navigating the Labyrinth

Getting there was… an experience. The address is easy enough, but the signage? Let's just say it's subtle. Like, "blink and you'll miss it" subtle. Finding the entrance felt like a treasure hunt. And the accessibility? Well, it's there. Elevator, check. Facilities for disabled guests, check. But the hallways? Let's just say a wheelchair user might need to channel their inner race car driver. Still, the fact that they try is commendable. And once you're in the room… oh, we’ll get there.

The Room: My Own Personal Fortress of Solitude (with a Few Quirks)

Now, the rooms themselves… sigh. They're… well-equipped. Air conditioning, check. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms, big check! (Thank the travel gods!) Air conditioning in public areas, also a check. Alarm clock, check. Bathrobes? Double check! (Because who doesn't want to swan around in a fluffy robe?) Blackout curtains? Yes, please! (This is crucial for a light sleeper like me, especially after a few too many cocktails at the… well, we'll get to the bar later.) Coffee/tea maker? Bless their hearts. Free bottled water? YASSS. In-room safe box? Secure that passport, baby!

But here's the thing. It's not perfect. The décor is… let's call it "classic." Think "grandma's guest room, but make it Idaho." And the "extra long bed"? Mine felt suspiciously like a standard double with an extra sheet draped over the end. Also, the internet – while free – was a little spotty. Imagine trying to stream a movie while battling buffering issues. Shudder. I'm not saying it's the end of the world, but it's a definite minor annoyance.

Cleanliness & Safety: Feeling Safe-ish

Okay, let's talk about the elephant in the room (or, you know, the pandemic). Bennett Bay Inn seems to be taking things seriously. Anti-viral cleaning products, check. Daily disinfection in common areas, check. Hand sanitizer? Abundant, check. Rooms sanitized between stays? Supposedly, check. They even had individually-wrapped food options at breakfast. (More on that breakfast later.) They’re trying. They really are. The overall vibe is… "cautiously optimistic" about safety.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Culinary Adventure (or Misadventure?)

Alright, let's dive into the food. The breakfast [buffet] was… well, it was there. Asian breakfast? Nope. Western breakfast? Mostly. Lots of scrambled eggs (a little dry, if I'm honest), some sad-looking pastries, and a fruit salad that probably saw better days. Breakfast takeaway service? Available, thank goodness.

The coffee shop – more like a corner with a coffee machine – was serviceable. There's a bar, which is a definite plus! They make a decent cocktail, and the poolside bar is a nice touch, though the pool itself… Well, let’s just say the view is… unique. And a snack bar to provide the munchies.

The restaurants: The restaurants are worth a look. The A la carte in restaurant is a good choice. They have a buffet in restaurant. The coffee/tea in restaurant is amazing. They have Happy hour. International cuisine in restaurant. They offer salad in restaurant. They serve soup in restaurant.

Things to Do & Ways to Relax: Spa-tastic or Spa-stically Average?

This is where Bennett Bay Inn almost redeems itself. The spa is… well, it exists. Body scrub? Yes. Body wrap? Yep. Fitness center? Indeed. Foot bath? You betcha. Gym/fitness? Got one. Massage? Absolutely. Pool with view? Absolutely. Sauna? Yes. Spa? Yes! Spa/sauna? Yes! Steamroom? Yes! Swimming pool? Yep. Swimming pool [outdoor]? Yes!

I indulged in a massage, and honestly, it was divine. The therapist was amazing and worked out all the knots I didn't even know I had. The sauna was hot, the steam room was steamy, and the pool… well, it's a pool! Nothing too fancy, but a welcome respite after a long day of… whatever you do in Coeur d'Alene.

Services and Conveniences: The Little Things (That Matter)

They offer a ton of services. Air conditioning in public area, check. Audio-visual equipment for special events, check. Business facilities? Yes. Cash withdrawal? Yep. Concierge? There is one. Contactless check-in/out? Yep. Convenience store? Yes. Currency exchange? Yes. Daily housekeeping? Yes. Doorman? Yes. Dry cleaning? Yes. Elevator? Yes. Essential condiments? Yes. Facilities for disabled guests? Yes. Food delivery? Yes. Gift/souvenir shop? Yes. Indoor venue for special events, check. Invoice provided? Yes. Ironing service? Yes. Laundry service? Yes. Luggage storage? Yes. Meeting/banquet facilities? Yes. Meetings? Yes. Meeting stationery? Yes. On-site event hosting? Yes. Outdoor venue for special events? Yes. Projector/LED display? Yes. Safety deposit boxes? Yes. Seminars? Yes. Shrine? Yes. Smoking area? Yes. Terrace? Yes. Wi-Fi for special events, check. Xerox/fax in business center, check.

For the Kids?

Bennett Bay Inn is family/child friendly. They offer babysitting service. They have kids facilities. They even have a kids meal.

The Downside?

Alright, let's get real. Bennett Bay Inn isn't perfect. It's got some quirks. It's not the sleekest, most modern hotel you'll ever see. But it's got character. It's got a certain… charm. And for the price, you're getting a lot of bang for your buck.

The Verdict: Should You Stay?

Honestly? Yes, probably. Especially if you're looking for a relaxing getaway and don’t mind a few imperfections. The spa is a major draw, the staff are friendly (if a little… understated), and the location is pretty good. It's a "best-kept secret" in the sense that it's not the flashiest hotel in town, but it's a solid choice that won't break the bank. Just go in with realistic expectations, embrace the quirks, and prepare to have a good time.

Now, for the Hard Sell (My "Book Now!" Pitch):

Tired of cookie-cutter hotels? Craving a getaway where relaxation and a little bit of adventure collide? Then ditch the chains and book your escape to Bennett Bay Inn!

Here's why you should click that "Book Now" button:

  • Unwind & Rejuvenate: Indulge in a world-class spa experience, complete with massages, saunas, and more!
  • Stay Connected (Sort Of): Free Wi-Fi to keep you in touch (mostly), plus all the modern amenities you need for a comfortable stay.
  • Location, Location, Location: Close to all the Coeur d'Alene action, but with a peaceful retreat vibe.
  • Value for Your Money: Get luxury amenities without the luxury price tag.
  • Embrace the Unexpected: Bennett Bay Inn isn't perfect, and that's part of its charm. Expect a few quirks, a lot of comfort, and a memorable experience.

Don't wait! This "best-kept secret" is waiting to be discovered! Book your stay at Bennett Bay Inn today and prepare for a Coeur d'Alene adventure you won't forget!

SEO Keywords (Because, well, you know):

  • Coeur d'Alene Hotel
  • Coeur d'Alene Spa
  • Luxury Hotel Coeur d'Alene
  • Bennett Bay Inn Review
  • Coeur d'Alene Weekend Getaway
  • Spa Getaway Idaho
  • Coeur d'Alene Accommodation
  • Free Wi-Fi Hotel Co
Escape to Nirvana: Varanasi's Shree Hare Rama Hare Krishna Hotel Awaits

Book Now

Bennett Bay Inn Coeur D'Alene (ID) United States

Bennett Bay Inn Coeur D'Alene (ID) United States

Okay, buckle up buttercup, because this ain't your grandma's itinerary. We're going to Bennett Bay Inn in Coeur D'Alene, Idaho, and trust me, you're gonna get the real deal. No sugarcoating, no perfectly curated Instagram feed. Just me, you, and the unpredictable beauty of… well, everything.

Bennett Bay Inn: A Messy, Glorious Adventure

Day 1: Arrival and the Great Coffee Catastrophe (and a little bit of lake)

  • 1:00 PM: Arrive at Spokane International Airport (GEG). Okay, first hurdle: navigating the rental car gauntlet. I swear, they try to upsell you on everything. I held strong (mostly) and got a perfectly serviceable, if slightly dented, sedan. Victory!
  • 2:30 PM: Drive to Bennett Bay Inn. The scenery? Gorgeous. Rolling hills, those impossibly blue skies… makes a girl feel like she's in a postcard.
  • 3:30 PM: Check-in. The Inn is… quaint. That's the word. Quaint. The lobby smells faintly of pine and… hope? We'll see. The woman at the desk, bless her heart, seemed like she'd seen a few things. "Room 203," she chirped. "Right by the… uh… scenic view." (I'm already bracing myself.)
  • 4:00 PM: Coffee crisis. Okay, so I'm a coffee addict. A serious one. Needed my fix. Found a little Keurig in the room, but the coffee pods? Dry. Like, Sahara Desert dry. I swear, I tried to make a decent cup, but it tasted like old socks and regret. (Note to self: pack emergency coffee stash.)
  • 4:30 PM: Gave up on coffee, decided to hit the lake. Bennett Bay is supposed to be beautiful, right? Walked down to the water, breathed in the crisp air. Ahhhh… that's better. The lake is HUGE. And the sun is hitting the water just right. Found a little bench and just sat there, letting the world melt away. This, my friends, is why we travel.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner at a place called "The Dockside." Fish and chips. They were… fine. The view of the lake, however, was spectacular. Ate my dinner with a side of "wow."
  • 7:30 PM: Stroll along the boardwalk. People-watching gold. Saw a couple holding hands, a group of giggling teenagers, and a dog wearing sunglasses. My heart melted.
  • 9:00 PM: Back to the Inn. Room 203? Turns out the "scenic view" is of… the parking lot. And the highway. But hey, at least I’m not in a broom closet! Trying to read, but I’m already planning tomorrow’s coffee raid.

Day 2: The Kayak Capers, and a Monumental Ice Cream Fail

  • 8:00 AM: Coffee mission: SUCCESS! Found a local coffee shop, "The Daily Grind." Ordered a latte that actually tasted like, well, coffee. Victory lap!
  • 9:00 AM: Kayak time! Rented a kayak from a place near the Inn. The lake is calm this morning, and I'm feeling adventurous. Paddled along the shoreline, marveling at the houses that look like they belong in a magazine. (I’m also secretly judging their landscaping choices. Don’t tell anyone.)
  • 10:00 AM: My kayak skills? Questionable. I spent a good portion of the time going in circles. At one point, I almost capsized. My inner monologue was a string of colorful expletives. But hey, I didn't fall in!
  • 11:00 AM: Paddle to the "floating restaurant". What a concept! Had a beer, people-watched, and pretended to be a sophisticated lake dweller.
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch. Decided to try to find a place with a view, and found a small burger place. The burgers were amazing, and the place had a nice view of the lake.
  • 2:00 PM: ICE CREAM. This is important. After all that kayaking (and near-drowning experience), I deserved a treat. Found an ice cream shop, "The Sweet Spot." The line was long. I waited. The anticipation was killing me. Finally, I got to the front. Ordered a double scoop of… wait for it… salted caramel.
  • 2:30 PM: The ice cream. It was… awful. Like, the worst salted caramel I've ever tasted. Too salty, not enough caramel. The texture was weird. I wanted to cry. The emotional rollercoaster of travel, folks.
  • 2:45 PM: I ate the whole thing. Because I'm a glutton for punishment, I guess.
  • 3:00 PM: Walked back to the Inn. Contemplating the meaning of life and the injustice of bad ice cream.
  • 4:00 PM: Just sat and read. Let the bad ice cream experience fade.
  • 6:00 PM: Tried to find a good restaurant. The place I wanted to go was closed, so I gave up and ate at a pizza place. It was okay.
  • 7:00 PM: Sat on the Inn’s porch and watched the sunset. The sky was on fire. Stunning. The bad ice cream was almost forgotten.
  • 9:00 PM: Bed. Exhausted, slightly sunburned, and still mourning the salted caramel.

Day 3: Hiking, Hidden Gems, and a Sudden Craving for… Laundry?

  • 8:00 AM: Coffee. The Daily Grind, again. I’m practically a regular now.
  • 9:00 AM: Hiking! Drove to a trail near the Inn. The hike was… challenging. The path was steep, and I was already regretting the pizza from last night. But the views from the top? Worth it. Breathtaking. Made me feel like I could conquer the world (or at least this one small mountain).
  • 11:00 AM: Found a hidden gem: a little antique shop. Wandered around, touching things, and trying not to break anything. Found a vintage postcard that I just had to have.
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch at a cute little cafe. Had a sandwich and read my book. Bliss.
  • 1:00 PM: Started to feel like I needed to do laundry. I have no idea why, but I did. I had to find a laundromat.
  • 1:30 PM: Found a laundromat. It was a total disaster. Machines were broken. There was a guy wearing a t-shirt that said, "I <3 Laundry." I can't even.
  • 3:00 PM: Gave up on laundry, went back to the Inn.
  • 4:00 PM: Nap. I needed it.
  • 6:00 PM: Tried a new restaurant. This one was good! The food was amazing, and I had a nice conversation with the waitress.
  • 7:00 PM: Walked along the lake. The air was cool, and the lake was calm.
  • 9:00 PM: Early night. Packing. Already sad to leave.

Day 4: Departure and the Lasting Impression

  • 8:00 AM: One last coffee. The Daily Grind, of course. Said goodbye to my new friends.
  • 9:00 AM: Packed up the car. Checked out of the Inn. Said goodbye to the woman at the front desk. I’m pretty sure she knew about the coffee catastrophe.
  • 10:00 AM: Drove back to Spokane.
  • 11:00 AM: Returned the rental car.
  • 1:00 PM: Flight home.

The Verdict:

Bennett Bay Inn? It’s not perfect. It's a little rough around the edges. But it’s real. And that's what makes it special. The lake is stunning. The people are friendly. And even the bad ice cream… well, it was part of the experience. Coeur D’Alene, you've got my heart. And I'll be back. Probably with a better coffee stash and a renewed appreciation for the simple things. Like a good view, a friendly face, and maybe, just maybe, a decent salted caramel ice cream.

Cat Ba Island Paradise: Unbeatable Catba Dream Hotel Deals!

Book Now

Bennett Bay Inn Coeur D'Alene (ID) United States

Bennett Bay Inn Coeur D'Alene (ID) United States

Bennett Bay Inn: Coeur d'Alene's "Best Kept Secret"? Let's Unpack That. (Luxury... Maybe?)

Okay, "Best Kept Secret." Seriously? What's the Deal?

Alright, so "secret" is a bit of a stretch. It's not like it's hidden behind a magic curtain or guarded by grumpy gnomes. But it *is* a bit off the beaten path, which I personally loved. It's not directly in downtown Coeur d'Alene, which, let's be honest, can get a little... touristy. Bennett Bay is this quiet little pocket, and the Inn feels like a genuine escape. The whole "luxury" thing... well, that's where it gets interesting. It's definitely *nice*. Think quality linens, a seriously comfy bed (I almost didn't get out of it), and views that make you want to weep with happiness. But "luxury" can be subjective, right? I wouldn't say it's the Ritz, but it's a damn sight better than that roadside motel I stayed in last year (shudders).

The Views. Everyone Raves About the Views. Is it Just Hype?

Nope. The hype is real. I mean, seriously. The lake? Stunning. The mountains in the distance? Majestic. I spent a good hour just staring out the window, sipping my coffee and feeling... well, peaceful. Like the world's problems were miles away. (Until I remembered I had to write this review! Ugh.) I'm not even a "views" person, usually. I'm more of a "give me a good book and a comfy chair" kind of gal. But the Bennett Bay Inn views? They converted me. They really did. There’s something about that water… it just… *soothes* you. And, honestly, after a long day of dealing with… well, *life*, I needed that. Badly.

The Rooms. Are They... Worth the Price Tag?

Okay, this is where we get into the "luxury" debate again. The rooms are beautifully decorated. Think tasteful, not ostentatious. The bathroom was sparkling (important!), and the shower pressure was fantastic (another HUGE win in my book). The bed? Heavenly. I swear, I almost didn't leave. And the little extras... the complimentary snacks and water, the fluffy robes... nice touches. But look, it's not cheap. Let's be honest. Is it worth it? Well, for a special occasion, a romantic getaway, or if you just need to escape the mundane and treat yourself? Probably. For a budget backpacking trip? Absolutely not. I will admit, I winced a little when I saw the final bill. But... I don't regret it. Not even a little bit. (Maybe I should have packed my own snacks, though. Lesson learned.)

Breakfast. Is it the Continental Nightmare, or Something More?

Ah, breakfast. The make-or-break moment for any inn, in my humble opinion. And Bennett Bay Inn? They delivered. It wasn't some sad continental spread with stale pastries. No, no. It was *good*. Fresh fruit, yogurt, a selection of baked goods (the scones were divine!), and they had hot options too. I'm pretty sure they had eggs benedict one morning (don't quote me on that, my memory is a little fuzzy after all that relaxation). And the best part? You could eat it on the patio, overlooking the lake. Pure bliss. Seriously, the breakfast alone almost made me want to move in. Almost. (My bank account shuddered at the thought.)

The Staff. Are They Friendly? Helpful? Or Just... There?

The staff were fantastic. Genuinely friendly and helpful. Not that overly-polished, forced-smile kind of friendly, but the kind that felt real. They were knowledgeable about the area, happy to offer suggestions, and just generally made you feel welcome. I had a minor issue with the TV (user error, probably, I'm not the most tech-savvy person). Within minutes, someone was there to help me. They were also incredibly patient with my incessant questions about the best hiking trails. (Turns out, I'm directionally challenged. Who knew?) So, yeah, the staff? Big thumbs up. They made the whole experience even better.

Is There Anything... *Bad* About the Bennett Bay Inn? (Be Honest!)

Okay, okay, I'm not going to pretend it was *perfect*. There were a few minor things. The Wi-Fi was a little spotty in my room sometimes. And, and this is just me being nitpicky, but the parking situation could be a bit tight. (I may or may not have almost sideswiped another car. My driving skills are… a work in progress.) Also, the price. It's not cheap, as I've mentioned. But honestly? These are minor quibbles. If I *had* to find something truly "bad," I'd say... leaving. Leaving was the worst part. The agony of returning to reality after all that peace and quiet... it was brutal. Seriously, I almost cried when I checked out. (Don't judge me.)

Okay, So, Should I Stay There? Give Me the Bottom Line!

Look, if you're looking for a genuinely relaxing, beautiful getaway, and you're willing to splurge a little, then YES. Absolutely, unequivocally YES. Bennett Bay Inn is special. It's not just a place to sleep; it's an experience. The views alone are worth the price of admission. Just... maybe bring your own snacks. And, if you're anything like me, prepare for a serious case of post-vacation blues. I'm already planning my return. And this time, I'm staying for a week. (My bank account is currently in therapy.) But honestly? I'd do it again in a heartbeat. It's Coeur d'Alene's "best kept secret"? Maybe. But after this review, I suspect the secret's out. Go, enjoy, and send me a postcard. Seriously.

Let's Talk About That Damn Fireplace...

Okay, so the fireplace. This is where things get... complicated. My room, the one with the *amazing* view, also had a fireplace. A real, honest-to-goodness, crackling-wood-and-smell-of-autumn fireplace. It was *gorgeous*. And I, being the perpetually clumsy person I am, managed to... well, I set off the smoke alarm. Twice. The first time, I swear, I just lit the logs, everything seemed fine, and then *Hotel Search Trek

Bennett Bay Inn Coeur D'Alene (ID) United States

Bennett Bay Inn Coeur D'Alene (ID) United States

Bennett Bay Inn Coeur D'Alene (ID) United States

Bennett Bay Inn Coeur D'Alene (ID) United States