
Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Gen-Preston Hotel & Suites, Ikeja!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we’re diving headfirst into the glittering, potentially-a-little-tarnished, world of the Gen-Preston Hotel & Suites in Ikeja! I’m talking a deep dive, a full-body immersion, a… well, you get the idea. Let's be honest, hotels can be a gamble. You're hoping for a haven, but sometimes you end up with a slightly-used, slightly-smelly, slightly-disappointing experience. So, is the Gen-Preston a jackpot or a lemon? Let's find out!
First Impressions & The All-Important Accessibility (and Why It Matters!)
Okay, first things first: Accessibility. Listen, I’m not in a wheelchair, but I do appreciate a hotel that thinks about everyone. And honestly, it can be a real pain in the, well, you know, to navigate a place that hasn't. The Gen-Preston claims to have facilities for disabled guests. That's a good start. I'd need to confirm specifics, of course (elevator access to all floors is a MUST in my book!), but the potential is there. This is huge, people! It's not just about ticking boxes; it's about inclusion.
The Digital Connection: Internet, Internet, Everywhere!
Alright, let's talk about the digital lifeline: the internet. "Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!" they shout! And thank goodness for that. We all know how crucial reliable internet is these days. And yes, I saw "Internet [LAN]" listed too, which is like, retro cool. So, you got options! We're talking Wi-Fi in public areas too, just in case you need to Insta-story your amazing breakfast (more on that later).
Cleanliness and Safety: Because, You Know, We're Living in a World Now…
Okay, let's get real. We're living in… this time. So, I’m paying very close attention to cleanliness and safety. The Gen-Preston lists a whole raft of measures, which is reassuring. I'm talking anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, and staff trained in safety protocols. Sounds promising, but I'd want to see it in action. Rooms sanitized between stays? Good. Hand sanitizer everywhere? Excellent. I'd be looking for visible evidence of these measures. A hotel can say it's clean, but the smell test is the true judge.
Food, Glorious Food (and the Potential for Culinary Adventures!)
Now we're talking! Food is a HUGE deal. I NEED to know what's on offer!
- Restaurants: Okay, we've got restaurants plural, which is a good sign.
- Cuisine: International cuisine? Asian cuisine? Vegetarian options? Yes, please! A little variety goes a long way. And a vegetarian restaurant? That really warms my heart.
- Breakfast: Buffet? A la carte? Room service breakfast? This is where dreams are made. I'm particularly intrigued by the "Asian breakfast" option.
- Other Eats: Coffee shop? Snack bar? Poolside bar? I'm picturing myself lounging by the pool with a cocktail… or maybe just a coffee, depending on the day.
- My Take: I'm a sucker for a good breakfast buffet. It's the ultimate hotel experience, right? You can try a little bit of everything and then go back for seconds (and thirds!).
The Pampering Paradise: Ways to Relax and Unwind!
Ah, the "ways to relax" section. This is where a hotel can truly win me over.
- Spa: Yes! A spa is essential.
- Sauna, Steam Room, Pool with a view: Alright! This is getting good!
- Massages: Okay, sign me up. A good massage can melt away all the stresses of travel.
- Gym/Fitness Center: Gotta keep up with the fitness even when you're traveling.
- Body Wraps & Scrubs: I am intrigued.
My Own Personal Hotel Story:
So, I once stayed at a hotel that claimed to have a spa. It turned out to be a tiny, dimly lit room with a massage table that looked like it had seen better days. The "aromatherapy" was basically a can of air freshener. The masseuse was a nice lady, bless her heart, but she clearly wasn't a professional. I left feeling more stressed than when I arrived. So, yeah, I'm a little jaded when it comes to hotel spas. I'd be looking for a legitimate spa experience at the Gen-Preston.
For the Kids: Family Friendly?
Babysitting service? Kids meal? Okay, that’s great, but I don’t have kids. But if I did, I'd like to know about the kids' facilities. Is there a pool? A playground? Something to keep them entertained?
Rooms: What Are They Really Like?
Alright, let's get down to the nitty-gritty of the rooms. This is where a hotel can really make or break its reputation.
- Air Conditioning? Absolutely essential in Ikeja!
- Free Wi-Fi? Check!
- Coffee/Tea Maker? Always a win.
- Mini Bar? Depends on the prices, honestly.
- Safe Box? Important for peace of mind.
- Soundproofing? Hallelujah!
- Blackout Curtains? Please, yes! Sleep is golden.
- The Little Things: The little things matter, right? Slippers? Bathrobes? Towels? I'm looking for those little touches that make a hotel stay feel luxurious.
The Fine Print: Services and Conveniences
- 24-Hour Front Desk? Essential.
- Luggage Storage? Always handy.
- Dry Cleaning/Laundry Service? Very useful.
- Currency Exchange? Convenient.
- Business Facilities? Important for the business travelers.
Getting Around: Transportation
- Airport Transfer: Crucial.
- Car Park: Free is even better!
- Taxi Service/Valet Parking: Options are always good.
Overall Vibe and Final Thoughts:
So, here's the deal: The Gen-Preston Hotel & Suites, on paper, sounds promising. It’s got a lot of the right buzzwords – spa, pool, multiple restaurants, free Wi-Fi, and a focus on cleanliness. The emphasis on accessibility is commendable. However, I'm a realist. I need to see the execution. I need to read reviews. I need to get a feel for the place.
Here's My Honest, Unfiltered Take:
I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm intrigued. I want to believe the Gen-Preston is a hidden gem. But I'm also prepared for the possibility of a few rough edges. It's the nature of the game, isn't it?
My Quirky Observation:
Okay, here's a random thought: I hope they have good coffee! Hotel coffee can be a deal-breaker. I once stayed at a place where the coffee tasted like dishwater. I seriously considered smuggling my own French press.
The "Unbelievable Luxury Awaits" Offer (with a Twist!)
Okay, here's my attempt at a compelling offer:
Tired of the Usual Hotel Hustle? Escape to Gen-Preston Hotel & Suites, Ikeja!
Imagine this:
- Waking up refreshed in a soundproof room, ready to conquer your day (or just chill, no judgment!).
- Sipping freshly brewed coffee (hopefully good coffee!) while browsing the web with lightning-fast Wi-Fi.
- Indulging in a massage at the spa, melting away the stresses of life.
- Exploring the vibrant city of Ikeja with ease, knowing you have a comfortable and secure haven to return to.
Gen-Preston Hotel & Suites offers:
- Luxurious accommodations with all the modern conveniences, from air conditioning to in-room safes.
- A range of dining options to satisfy every craving, from international cuisine to Asian flavors.
- Relaxation and rejuvenation at our spa, featuring a pool with a view, sauna, and more.
- Safety and cleanliness are our top priorities, with anti-viral cleaning products, staff trained in safety protocols, and a commitment to your well-being.
But Here's the Catch (and the Sweetener!):
Book your stay at Gen-Preston Hotel & Suites within the next 72 hours and receive a complimentary…
- (Option 1: Adventure Seeker) Complimentary Airport Transfer and a voucher for a delicious meal at our restaurant!
- (Option 2: Relaxation Guru) Complimentary Spa voucher to use at your leisure!
**Don't settle for a mediocre hotel experience. Treat yourself to Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Gen-Preston Hotel & Suites, Ikeja
Escape to Paradise: Ammos Apartments, Chavania, Greece - Your Dream Vacation Awaits!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because here’s the Gen-Preston Hotel & Suites Ikeja itinerary, as seen through the eyes of a slightly caffeinated, perpetually indecisive, and utterly real traveler. Forget the perfectly polished brochure, this is the raw, unfiltered truth.
Day 1: Arrival and the Great Ikeja Hustle (and a Side of Room Service Regret)
1:00 PM - Arrival at Murtala Muhammed International Airport (LOS): Okay, first hurdle: surviving the airport. Honestly, the chaos is part of the charm, right? The air conditioning is a fickle friend, immigration lines are longer than my grocery list, and the touts… well, they’re enthusiastic. Found my driver, a lovely chap named Emeka, who I'd booked online. He was an hour late because of "traffic" – which, in Lagos, could mean anything from a stalled tanker to a flock of goats deciding to cross the road. The ride to Gen-Preston was a sensory overload: vibrant colours, blaring music, and a symphony of car horns.
2:30 PM - Check-in at Gen-Preston: The lobby… it's got a certain… ambiance. Think slightly faded grandeur. Check-in was a bit slow, but the staff were friendly, if a little overwhelmed. My room? Pretty standard. Clean enough, but the air con sounded like a dying walrus. The view? Well, it's… a view. Let's just say, it's not postcard material.
3:30 PM - The Room Service Debacle: Okay, this is where things get interesting. I was starving, so I ordered room service: Jollof rice, because, duh. And plantain. The Jollof arrived… lukewarm. The plantain? Soggy. My face? Utter disappointment. I called room service, and after a lengthy explanation (my pidgin is still a work in progress) they offered to replace it. I declined and decided to venture outside.
4:30 PM - Exploring the Local Area (and Getting Slightly Lost): I decided to walk around Ikeja. BIG MISTAKE. I got lost almost immediately. Google Maps, bless its digital soul, seemed to be having a mental breakdown. I ended up in a bustling market, which was both amazing and overwhelming. I bought some suya (spicy grilled meat) from a street vendor – a culinary highlight! – and then wandered around aimlessly. This is where I met this amazing woman selling fabrics. We spent like an hour just talking about life, the market, and the best places to get a tailor (which I really needed).
7:00 PM - Dinner at the Hotel Restaurant (and a Moment of Existential Dread): Back to the hotel, starving. I ordered a grilled fish. The food was better than the room service, but the restaurant was almost empty. I sat there, staring at my fish, and had a brief existential crisis. "Am I really here? In Lagos? Eating grilled fish?" The answer, of course, was yes. And surprisingly, it wasn't half bad.
8:30 PM - Attempting to Watch TV (and Failing): The TV remote? A mystery. The channels? Mostly static. I gave up and tried to use the hotel WiFi. It was slower than a snail in molasses. Eventually, I just gave up, crawled into bed, and vowed to find a better way to spend my evening.
Day 2: More Ikeja, More Adventures, and the Quest for Decent Coffee
8:00 AM - The Breakfast Buffer (and the Coffee Quest): Breakfast at the hotel was… an experience. The buffet was vast, but a bit… meh. The scrambled eggs looked suspiciously yellow. The coffee? Weak. I'm a coffee snob, and this was a crime against caffeine. I needed a proper coffee fix, and I needed it now. I asked the staff, who directed me to a cafe nearby.
9:00 AM - The Cafe Saga: Found the cafe! It was a little oasis of calm. And the coffee? Glorious. I ordered a cappuccino and felt my soul reawaken. I spent an hour just sitting there, people-watching, and enjoying the quiet. It was a moment of pure bliss.
10:00 AM - The Computer Village Chaos: Okay, so I'm not going to lie, I wanted to go to Computer Village, and I was warned. I ended up getting completely and utterly lost. I mean, it's a total sensory overload. It's a chaotic maze of stalls selling everything from phones to laptops. The hustle is intense. You’re constantly being approached, pressured, and offered deals. I felt like I was in a real-life version of the Hunger Games, but with electronics instead of weapons. I eventually escaped, slightly shell-shocked, with only a vague sense of where I'd been.
1:00 PM - Lunch at a Local Eatery (and a Spicy Revelation): I found a local eatery and ordered pounded yam and egusi soup. It was incredible. The spice level was intense, but the flavors were amazing. I sweated, I cried a little, but I finished the entire plate. It was a culinary triumph.
2:30 PM - Poolside Relaxation (and Mosquito Mayhem): The Gen-Preston has a pool, which is a welcome oasis from the Ikeja heat. I spent a couple of hours lounging by the pool, reading a book, and occasionally dipping in the water. However, the mosquitoes were relentless. They feasted on my ankles. I learned the hard way that mosquito repellent is a must.
6:00 PM - Dinner at a Restaurant (and a Surprise Encounter): I decided to try a different restaurant for dinner. The food was ok, but then, I saw her. An old woman with the most beautiful eyes. We struck up a conversation and she told me her life story. It was beautiful. We talked for hours. I was so grateful for that encounter.
8:00 PM - Evening Drinks (and the Art of Negotiation): I went back to the hotel bar for a drink. The prices were a bit inflated, but hey, it's a hotel. I met a group of locals, and we had a good time. I learned a bit about the local culture and the art of haggling (which, apparently, is a national sport).
Day 3: Departure (and a Promise to Return)
9:00 AM - Breakfast (and a Final Coffee Quest): Okay, I'm not even going to talk about the hotel breakfast. I went back to my little oasis for one last cappuccino.
10:00 AM - Last Minute Souvenir Shopping (and the Great Fabric Hunt): I went back to the market to find that woman who sold fabrics from the first day. I did! I bought some beautiful fabrics.
11:30 AM - Check-Out (and a Fond Farewell): Check-out was painless. I said goodbye to the friendly staff, packed my bags, and headed to the airport.
1:00 PM - Departure: The airport was still chaotic, but I was prepared. I navigated the lines, bid farewell to Nigeria, and vowed to return someday.
Final Thoughts:
Gen-Preston? It's not perfect. It's a bit rough around the edges. But it's got character. And Lagos? It's a whirlwind of chaos, beauty, and everything in between. It's a place that will challenge you, frustrate you, and ultimately, steal your heart. I'm already dreaming of my return.
So, there you have it. A messy, honest, and utterly human account of my time at Gen-Preston Hotel & Suites. Hope you enjoyed the ride!
Uncover Pompeii's Hidden Gem: Villa Flora's Stunning Secrets!
Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Gen-Preston Hotel & Suites, Ikeja! - Or Does It? (A Messy FAQ)
Okay, so, what's the *actual* vibe of Gen-Preston? Is it all gold faucets and butlers?
Alright, buckle up, because "unbelievable luxury" is a *bold* claim. Let's just say, it's aiming for the stars, sometimes hits the moon, and occasionally gets stuck in the clouds. Gen-Preston... it's… ambitious. It's definitely nicer than that roadside motel I once accidentally booked in Oshodi (shudders), but it's not quite Buckingham Palace. Think… well-intentioned, slightly worn, with a dash of that Lagos flair – which can be chaotic, in the best possible way. The gold faucets? Potentially. The butler? Maybe on a good day, if you’re lucky and tip generously.
The Rooms! Spill the tea. Are they actually luxurious? And are the beds comfortable? God, the beds...
Okay, beds. This is crucial. After a long flight, a bad bed is a personal insult. And I'm happy to report… the beds at Gen-Preston are *generally* comfy. Like, you won't be tossing and turning all night, plotting your escape. They're… decent. However, I had a room once where the mattress was… well, let's just say it had seen better days. Felt like sleeping on a slightly lumpy cloud. I asked to be moved, and the staff were surprisingly accommodating (bonus points!). The rooms themselves are… well, they *try* to be luxurious. Think plush carpets, big TVs (which sometimes work, sometimes don't – more on that later), and a general sense of… "trying." They're clean, which is a HUGE win, but the definition of "luxury" is subjective, right?
What about the food? Is it worth the price? And are there any good breakfast options? I'm a breakfast person.
Food. Ah, yes. The Achilles' heel of many a hotel. Breakfast at Gen-Preston is… an experience. Let's call it that. They *do* have a buffet, which is always a gamble. You've got your eggs (sometimes overcooked, sometimes… mysterious), your sausages (varying degrees of questionable), and a selection of… things. The jollof rice is usually decent, which is a major win. The pastries… well, don't expect Parisian perfection. But honestly, after a few days of the Lagos hustle, you'll be grateful for *anything* edible. The à la carte menu is… better. More options, generally higher quality, but also pricier. I remember ordering a club sandwich once that was *amazing*. Another time, it was… less so. Consistency isn’t their strong suit. Overall? It's edible, it's filling, and if you’re *really* hungry, it'll do the trick. Just don't go in expecting Michelin stars.
The Wi-Fi! Is it… functional? Because I need to work. And stream. And generally exist online.
Ah, the Wi-Fi. The bane of every modern traveler's existence. Gen-Preston's Wi-Fi… it's… well, it's *there*. Sometimes. Okay, let's be honest. It can be patchy. It can be slow. It can… disappear entirely. I once spent a whole afternoon trying to upload a single email. I swear, I aged a decade. If you *absolutely* need reliable Wi-Fi, pack a portable hotspot. Seriously. Don’t rely on the hotel’s. You'll thank me later. Prepare for moments of blissful connectivity interspersed with moments of pure, unadulterated frustration.
What about the staff? Are they helpful? Rude? Somewhere in between?
The staff… this is where Gen-Preston shines. Honestly, they're generally lovely. Warm, friendly, and genuinely trying to be helpful. They’re often dealing with a lot, you know? Lagos is… intense. And they handle it with grace. I've had some genuinely lovely interactions with the staff. They'll go the extra mile, they'll try to fix any issues (even the Wi-Fi!), and they're always smiling. Be patient, be polite, and tip generously – they deserve it. Remember that time I got locked out of my room at 2 am? The night staff was *amazing*. They got me a new key, offered me water, and even apologized profusely. Absolute heroes.
Is the location convenient? Safe? I'm worried about Lagos traffic.
Location, location, location! Gen-Preston is in Ikeja, which is… okay. It's not the *worst* location in Lagos, but it's not exactly idyllic either. It's close to the airport, which is a HUGE plus. And it’s relatively central, so you can get to a lot of places, eventually. The Lagos traffic, however, is a beast. Factor in *at least* an hour to get anywhere, and that's on a *good* day. Safety-wise… well, it's Lagos. Be aware of your surroundings, don't flash cash, and generally use common sense. The hotel itself is generally safe, with security guards and all that jazz. But just be smart. I’ve taken taxis from there at night, and felt fine, but it's always good to be cautious.
Okay, so, the pool. Is it Instagram-worthy? Or more like… a slightly oversized bathtub?
The pool… ah, yes. The pool is… a pool. It's not the shimmering infinity pool of your dreams. It's not the most luxurious pool I've ever seen. But it's a pool! It’s clean, which is a major win in Lagos. And it's a welcome respite from the heat. Is it Instagram-worthy? Maybe. If you’re good with filters. It's… functional. It does the job. I spent a lovely afternoon there once, reading a book and pretending I was on vacation. And honestly, sometimes, that's all you need. Just don't expect a tropical paradise. Just expect… a pool.
The Gym! Do they have a gym? And is it any good? I need to work off all that jollof rice.
The gym… yes, they *do* have a gym. It's small. Very small. And the equipment… well, let's just say it’s seen better days. Think slightly rusty treadmills and a few weights that probably haven’t been calibrated since the last century. But! It’s *there*. And if you're desperate to get a workout in, it'll do. Don't expect a state-of-the-art fitness center. Expect… a functional space. It’s better than nothing, right? I actually managed to get a decent workout in there once.Hospitality Trails

