
Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Hotel MG64 Patiala - Your Dream Getaway!
Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Hotel MG64 Patiala - Your Dream Getaway! (Or Maybe Just a Really Nice Weekend?) - A Review That's Actually Real
Okay, so, I'm back from Hotel MG64 Patiala, and honestly? I'm still sorting through the sheer amount of… well, everything. This isn't your average cookie-cutter hotel review. We're talking Patiala royalty vibes meets… well, me, a person who spills coffee. Buckle up, buttercups, because this is gonna be a ride.
Accessibility: A Mixed Bag (But Mostly Good!)
Right off the bat, let's talk accessibility. I'm not in a wheelchair, but I am a klutz who appreciates a smooth experience. The good news? They've got elevators (thank GOD, I'm not climbing stairs on vacation!), and I saw some clear signage. The bad news? I didn't personally experience everything from a wheelchair perspective, so I can't give a definitive "perfect" rating. But from what I saw, they seem to be trying. They definitely have "Facilities for disabled guests," which is a great start.
Cleanliness and Safety: Sanitized to the Nines (Maybe Even a Little Too Much?)
Look, we all know the world is a little… germ-conscious these days. Hotel MG64 gets it. We're talking "Anti-viral cleaning products," "Daily disinfection in common areas," "Room sanitization opt-out available" (which I didn't even consider, because, hello, germs!), and "Professional-grade sanitizing services." They even have "Hand sanitizer" everywhere. I half-expected a hazmat suit at check-in. Honestly, I felt safer than I do in my own home, which is a feat considering my home is basically a petri dish.
And the whole crew is trained in safety protocols. I saw staff wiping down everything constantly. Maybe they're a little too keen on the sanitizing – I swear I saw them sterilizing the air at one point – but hey, better safe than sorry, right? They've also got "First aid kit" and "Doctor/nurse on call," which is reassuring, though I luckily didn't need either.
Rooms: Seriously, Where's My Crown?
Okay, the rooms. This is where MG64 really tries to flex. And, honestly? They succeed. My room was a sensory overload in the best way. We’re talking "Air conditioning" (essential in Patiala), "Blackout curtains" (bliss!), a "Coffee/tea maker" (vital!), "Free bottled water" (hydration is key!), "Hair dryer" (thank you, sweet baby Jesus!), a "Mini bar" (tempting, but I'm trying to be good), a "Refrigerator" (for my secret stash of snacks, obviously), a "Seating area" (perfect for lounging), and "Free Wi-Fi," which, let's be honest, is non-negotiable these days.
The "Bathroom" was… well, let’s just say it was nicer than my actual apartment. They even had "Bathrobes" and "Slippers." I almost felt like royalty. Almost. And the "Shower"? Glorious. Seriously, I could have stayed in there for hours.
Here's a funny story. I was trying to figure out how to work the "Soundproofing." I was convinced my neighbors were judging my karaoke skills (which are… questionable). I even tried to crank the volume on the "Soundproofing" to eleven, but then I realized it was just a feature of the room's construction. Oops. But hey, at least I tried to be considerate!
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Food, Glorious Food (and a Few Hiccups)
Alright, let's talk about the fuel. The "Restaurants" at MG64 are… plentiful. They offer everything from "Asian cuisine" and "International cuisine" to "Vegetarian restaurant" options. They also have a "Coffee shop" and a "Snack bar." The "Breakfast [buffet]" was a feast. We're talking "Asian breakfast," "Western breakfast," fruits, pastries, and enough bacon to feed a small army. I went a little crazy. I may have overeaten. Okay, I definitely overeaten.
But here's where things got a little… messy. The service at the "Poolside bar" was a bit slow. I ordered a drink and waited for what felt like an eternity. And sometimes, the buffet felt a little… chaotic. But hey, it's a buffet! It's supposed to be a little wild!
And the "Room service [24-hour]" was a lifesaver after a long day of… well, relaxing. I highly recommend it. I got a pizza at 3 AM. Don't judge me.
Things to Do and Ways to Relax: Spa Day, Anyone? (YES, PLEASE!)
This is where MG64 really shines. The "Spa" is… amazing. I’m not even a spa person, but I was converted. First, there was the "Sauna" (sweat it out, baby!). Then, the "Steamroom" (pure bliss!). And finally, the coup de grâce: the massage. I opted for a "Body scrub" and a "Massage." The masseuse, bless her heart, worked out knots I didn't even know I had. I walked out feeling like a new person. Honestly, I was so relaxed, I almost forgot my name.
They also have a "Fitness center" if you're into that sort of thing. I walked past it. I’m pretty sure it’s very nice.
And the "Swimming pool [outdoor]" is stunning. It has a "Pool with view." I spent a good chunk of time just floating, staring at the sky, and pretending I was a mermaid. Seriously, the whole experience was… dreamy.
Services and Conveniences: They Thought of Everything (Almost!)
MG64 is packed with services. There's "Air conditioning in public area," "Cash withdrawal," "Concierge," "Daily housekeeping," "Doorman," "Dry cleaning," "Elevator," "Food delivery," "Laundry service," "Luggage storage," "Safety deposit boxes," "Smoking area," "Terrace," and so much more. They even have a "Gift/souvenir shop" in case you want to buy something to remember your trip (like, a t-shirt that says, "I survived the MG64 Spa!").
They also have "Business facilities," including "Meeting/banquet facilities," for the more… professional travelers. I personally didn't use them, but they seemed well-equipped.
For the Kids: Family Fun (Probably)
I didn’t bring any kids, but MG64 seems to have a good setup for families. They offer "Babysitting service," "Kids facilities," and "Kids meal." So, if you're traveling with little ones, you're probably in good hands.
Getting Around: Easy Peasy (Mostly)
MG64 offers "Airport transfer" and "Taxi service." They also have "Car park [free of charge]" and "Valet parking," if you're driving. Getting around was easy. The staff was very helpful with directions.
Internet Access: Connected (Thankfully!)
I'm a digital nomad at heart, so the "Internet access" situation was crucial. Thankfully, they had "Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!" I was able to work, stream movies, and annoy my friends with pictures of my spa experience without any problems. They also offer "Internet [LAN]" and "Internet services" for those who prefer a wired connection.
Overall Impression: Worth It (Despite the Occasional Hiccup)
Look, Hotel MG64 Patiala isn't perfect. The service at the bar could be a little quicker. The buffet can feel a little overwhelming at times. But, overall, it's a fantastic experience. The rooms are luxurious, the spa is heavenly, and the staff is friendly and helpful. It's the kind of place where you can truly relax and escape the stresses of everyday life.
My Quirky Observation: They really, really like fresh flowers. There were vases of them everywhere. It was a little overwhelming, but hey, I’m not complaining.
The Emotional Reaction: I left feeling refreshed, rejuvenated, and slightly in debt (thanks, mini-bar!). I'd definitely go back.
Final Verdict: Highly recommended. Go. Indulge. You deserve it.
Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Hotel MG64 Patiala - Your Dream Getaway! - The Special Offer
Tired of the everyday grind? Craving a luxurious escape?
Then look no further than Hotel MG64 Patiala! We’re offering you a chance to experience the ultimate in relaxation and indulgence.
Here's what you get:
- **

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your average travel itinerary. This is… well, this is my attempt to survive a weekend at the Hotel MG64 in Patiala, India. And let me tell you, after the flight, I'm already in a state. So, here goes nothing…
Hotel MG64 Patiala: A Weekend of Questionable Decisions (and Hopefully, Some Good Food)
Friday: Arrival, Existential Dread, and the Search for Wi-Fi (and Meaning)
14:00 - 15:00: Arrival & Check-In - The Great Lobby Debacle:
- Okay, so the taxi driver… bless his heart, he clearly took the scenic route. Think "Lost in Translation" meets "Mr. Bean tries to drive a rickshaw." We eventually got here, and I'm already sweating like a politician at a truth-telling contest. The lobby? Let's just say it looks like the pictures on the website, but the air smells vaguely of incense and… something else. Hard to place it, but it's… present.
- Check-in. Ah, the joy. It took about 20 minutes and involved a lot of smiling, nodding, and pretending to understand the rapid-fire Hindi (my Hindi is limited to "Namaste" and "Thank you"). Finally got a key card. Hopefully, it works. Pray for me.
- Emotion: Mild panic. The sheer scale of the hotel is overwhelming. I feel like a tiny ant in a very, very beige colony. I'm pretty sure I saw a bewildered pigeon wandering the halls. Relatable.
- Quirky Observation: The hotel’s elevator music is a bizarre mix of Bollywood and elevator jazz. I swear, I just heard a saxophone solo on a cover of "Jai Ho." Pure gold.
15:00 - 16:00: Room Reconnaissance & Wi-Fi Hunt:
- Okay, room. It's…cleanish. The bedspread is…questionable. Let's just say it's seen better days. And the view? Well, it's of another building. But hey, at least I have a window. And a mini-fridge! Jackpot!
- The Wi-Fi, however… is a beast. It's slower than a snail on a treadmill. I've spent the last half hour wrestling with the password, and I'm pretty sure I've aged a decade in the process.
- Anecdote: I tried to call the front desk. The phone rang for a solid five minutes before I gave up. Clearly, they’re busy… or maybe they've all gone home for tea.
- Emotion: Frustration. I need to post a selfie to prove I’m actually here. The internet gods are not on my side today.
16:00 - 17:30: The Food Exploration Part 1: Lunch (or, what I think is lunch):
- Okay, finally got the Wi-Fi to sort of work. Time to fuel the body. I ventured down to the restaurant. Menu's massive. Overwhelming. The waiter, bless his heart, was trying his best to explain everything in English, but my brain is fried from the travel.
- I went with the chicken tikka masala (classic, I know, but I'm not feeling adventurous). It's… alright. A bit bland. Honestly, my own cooking is better. But the naan? Oh, the naan is glorious. Pillowy, warm, and perfect for mopping up the, well, not-so-flavorful sauce.
- Anecdote: Saw a family arguing over the bill. The universal language of travel, folks.
- Emotion: Mild disappointment with the food, but a growing appreciation for the free refills on water.
17:30 - 19:00: Unstructured Time / Nap Time:
- Exhausted. Jet lag is kicking in. Decided to take a nap, hoping it will fix everything.
- Rambling thoughts: I hope I can actually enjoy this trip. So far, I'm mostly just feeling disoriented. Wondering if I should have packed more deodorant. And why do hotel rooms always have such harsh lighting?
19:00 - 21:00: Dinner - The Buffet Gamble:
- Okay, dinner. Decided to brave the buffet. Big mistake. The selection is… extensive. And a little intimidating. I mostly stuck to things I recognized, like the dal and some rice. Tried something that looked like chicken but tasted suspiciously of… something else. I’m not sure what.
- Imperfection: I may have accidentally spilled a little bit of my drink on the table. Oops.
- Emotion: I'm starting to feel a bit homesick.
- Quirky Observation: Witnessed a small child attempting to lick a plate clean. God bless kids.
21:00 - Bedtime: Attempting to Unwind (and Praying for a Good Night's Sleep):
- Back in the room. Trying to wind down. Watched some TV (the selection is… limited).
- Emotional Reaction: I'm starting to feel a bit homesick. Wishing I had brought my own pillow. And wondering if I'll ever get used to the constant noise.
- Messy Structure: I also tried to write a journal entry, but I just ended up doodling. My handwriting looks like a doctor's.
Saturday: Exploring Patiala (or, Attempting to Explore Patiala… And Not Get Lost)
08:00 - 09:00: Breakfast - The Great Egg-Scapade:
- Breakfast buffet. Again. This time, I'm going for the eggs. I ask for "sunny-side up." The waiter looks confused. He brings me… something that looks like a scrambled egg massacre. Oh well.
- Anecdote: Sat next to a couple who were clearly on their honeymoon. Their love was almost sickeningly sweet. Good for them, I guess.
- Emotion: Slightly resentful, but also happy for them.
09:00 - 10:00: Finding a Driver:
- I have to hire a driver to explore the city. This is harder than it sounds. Everyone has a brother who can drive, a cousin who can drive, or a friend who can drive… But no one is available right now.
- Rambling Thoughts: Why is everything so complicated? I just want to see the freaking city!
- Emotional Reaction: Starting to feel a bit overwhelmed. The constant haggling and negotiating is exhausting.
10:00 - 13:00: Patiala Exploration - The Qila Mubarak Experience (and the Battle with the Rickshaw Drivers):
- Finally, a driver! He seems nice enough. We head to the Qila Mubarak, the main historical site. It’s a beautiful complex, but it's hot. Really, really hot. And crowded. And I'm sweating buckets.
- Doubling Down on a Single Experience: The Sheesh Mahal (Mirror Palace) is stunning. Absolutely breathtaking. The intricate mirrored walls and ceilings are just…wow. It's a sensory overload in the best way possible. I spent a solid hour wandering around, just staring up in awe. I even managed to take a few decent photos. (Miracle!)
- Imperfection: The driver got lost. Twice. I had to guide him with a combination of bad Hindi and frantic hand gestures.
- Emotion: Initially overwhelmed by the crowds and heat, but completely transported by the beauty of the Sheesh Mahal. Pure bliss.
- Quirky Observation: Saw a group of teenagers taking selfies in front of a crumbling wall. The juxtaposition of ancient history and modern technology was… something.
13:00 - 14:00: Lunch - The Street Food Gamble (and the Aftermath):
- Okay, time for street food. I'm usually cautious, but I'm feeling brave. I went for the samosas. Delicious. Crispy. Spicy.
- Rambling Thoughts: I hope I don't regret this later.
- Imperfection: I definitely overdid it. My stomach is already starting to rumble.
14:00 - 16:00: Rest & Regret:
- Back at the hotel. Resting. And regretting the samosas. My stomach is rebelling.
- Emotion: Physical discomfort. Wishing I had brought some Pepto-Bismol. And wondering if I'll ever be able to eat again.
16:00 - 18:00: The Garden of Doom (or, the Baradari Garden):
- Decided to go to the Baradari Garden. It's supposed to be

Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Hotel MG64 Patiala - Your Dream Getaway! (Or Is It?) A Messy FAQ
Okay, spill the tea. Is MG64 *really* luxurious? The website is practically drooling...
Alright, alright, let's be real. "Unbelievable Luxury"? That's what the marketing team is paid to say. Look, it's *nice*. Think… well, Patiala nice. Think… maybe a little bit more than your average Patiala hotel. The lobby? Impressive. Like, seriously, that chandelier could probably fund a small village's electricity bill. But then you get to the rooms… My first impression? "Oh, right, the website photos are *slightly* enhanced." It's not *bad*, but it's not the Taj Mahal. My room had a weird, slightly-musty smell I couldn't quite place. Like… old books and… maybe a hint of despair? I'm kidding (mostly). But luxury? Debatable. Comfortable? Mostly. Worth the price? That's the million-rupee question, isn't it? I'd say, manage your expectations. You're not flying to Dubai. You're in Patiala. Embrace the Patiala-ness!
What about the food? I'm a foodie, does it hold up?
The food… ah, the food. This is where things get… interesting. The buffet breakfast? A mixed bag. The *parathas*? Glorious. Seriously, those were the highlight. I ate, like, five. Then there was the… the "continental" section. Let's just say the scrambled eggs looked like they'd been through a minor war. And the coffee? Well, let's just say I went in search of a proper *filter coffee* after the first sip. Dinner in the main restaurant? Hit or miss. One night, the butter chicken was divine. The next night? Slightly… watery. And the service… ah, the service. They try. Bless their hearts, they *really* try. But sometimes it’s a little…slow. Like, "I'm pretty sure the waiter went to buy the ingredients" slow. But the staff is genuinely friendly, and that counts for a lot, right? Right? Mostly? Okay, maybe not always. But the *parathas*… those are worth the trip alone.
The pool! Is it as Instagrammable as it looks?
The pool… Okay, the pool *is* pretty. Definitely Instagrammable. But here's the thing: it was *freezing*. Like, "I'm pretty sure this water is from the Himalayas" freezing. I dipped a toe in. Once. My toes went numb. I saw a few brave souls actually *swim*. I'm not sure how they did it. Maybe they were secretly polar bears. Or maybe they'd just had a few too many cocktails. The poolside lounge chairs? Comfy. The towels? Slightly threadbare, but clean. The view? Pretty decent. But the water… Brrr. So, yes, it *looks* amazing. But be prepared to embrace your inner penguin. Or just stick to the *parathas*. Seriously, those are the real winners.
Okay, what about the spa? A good massage is crucial!
The spa… Alright, buckle up, because this is a rollercoaster of emotions. I'm a sucker for a good massage. I booked a deep tissue massage, expecting pure bliss. The ambiance was… well, let's say "trying." Incense, soft music… the whole shebang. The massage itself? Okay, here's where it gets messy. The therapist was… enthusiastic. Too enthusiastic, maybe? It was less "deep tissue" and more "full-body workout." I swear, I think she was using her elbows to remove my internal organs. I'm not kidding. I left feeling… bruised. And slightly violated. I'm not saying it was a *bad* massage, exactly. It was… an experience. A memorable one. But not necessarily in a good way. My advice? If you go, specify "gentle" and maybe bring a helmet. Seriously. Also, I think she was talking on her cell phone at one point. I'm still trying to process it. Spa? Maybe skip it. Or, you know, maybe I just got the wrong therapist. Your mileage *will* vary. Expect to feel something, though. It won't be boredom, that's for sure!
What's the Wi-Fi like? I need to stay connected (unfortunately).
The Wi-Fi... Oh, the Wi-Fi. Prepare for a digital detox, friend. It's... sporadic. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it taunts you with the promise of connectivity, only to leave you hanging. I spent a significant portion of my stay staring at the little "connecting" icon, willing it to work. It rarely did. Embrace the disconnect. Read a book. Talk to people. Actually, interact with the world around you. It's good for the soul. And your blood pressure. Consider it a feature, not a bug. A very, very frustrating feature. But hey, at least you won't be glued to your phone, right? Right? (I'm kidding. I was totally glued to my phone, desperately trying to get the Wi-Fi to work. It was a struggle.)
Is there anything to do *besides* eat and swim (or not swim)?
Patiala! You're in Patiala! There's stuff to do! The hotel itself? Well, there's a gym, which I didn't try (because, you know, *parathas*). There's a souvenir shop, which is… well, it's there. But Patiala itself? The Qila Mubarak complex is cool. The Sheesh Mahal is, as the name suggests, a palace of mirrors. It’s pretty impressive. The Baradari Gardens are nice for a stroll. There's shopping! There's exploring! There's… Patiala-ing! Honestly, the hotel is a jumping-off point. Don't just stay there. Go out and experience the city! Embrace the chaos! The traffic! The delicious street food (though be careful with that). The hotel is fine, but Patiala is the star. Go see it! Just… maybe pack some Immodium. Just in case. You know, just in case.

