
Escape to St. Louis: Drury Inn's Unbeatable Fairview Heights Getaway!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into the Drury Inn & Suites in Fairview Heights, Illinois, and let me tell you, it's a wild ride. Forget those sterile, cookie-cutter hotel reviews – this is the real deal, the messy, opinionated, and occasionally rambling account of my recent escape to St. Louis (well, technically Fairview Heights, but hey, close enough!).
First Impressions: Accessibility, Cleanliness & Safety, and the All-Important Wi-Fi
Right off the bat, the Drury Inn gets points for accessibility. Wheelchair accessible is a big win for me, and they seem to have thought of most things, from ramps to elevators. (Though, let's be honest, sometimes I still wish the elevator music wasn't quite so… elevator-y. Seriously, who likes elevator music?). They’ve got facilities for disabled guests, which is a huge plus, and let me tell you, it's a relief to find a place that actually gets it.
Now, about cleanliness – and in today’s world, it’s everything, right? The Drury Inn clearly takes this seriously. Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Room sanitization between stays… it all sounds reassuring. I even noticed little touches like hand sanitizer readily available. They're also doing the whole physical distancing of at least 1 meter thing, which, while it feels a little weird, is undoubtedly a good thing. And honestly, knowing that they’re using professional-grade sanitizing services makes me feel a whole lot better about, you know, existing in a public space.
And the Wi-Fi? Oh, the Wi-Fi. This is crucial. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! And, thank the heavens, it actually works. No more frantic searching for a signal, no more buffering nightmares. Just sweet, sweet, uninterrupted internet. I'm a writer, people! My livelihood depends on it!
The Room: A Fortress of Comfort (and a Few Minor Quirks)
Okay, let's talk room. I opted for a non-smoking room (because, ew). It was spacious, clean, and surprisingly well-appointed. The blackout curtains were a lifesaver – I'm a light sleeper, and those things are a godsend. Plus, a desk and laptop workspace meant I could actually get some work done. The extra long bed was a dream, and the air conditioning blasted a refreshing coolness. The slippers were a nice touch.
Now, a few minor imperfections. The mirror was a little smudged (I'm a sucker for detail, what can I say?). And the coffee/tea maker… well, it wasn’t the greatest. But hey, you can't win 'em all, right? Overall, though, it was comfortable, functional, and a welcome retreat.
The Pool, Sauna, and Spa (Oh My!) – Focus on the Pool with a View
Let’s talk about the good stuff now. The swimming pool [outdoor] was calling my name! I'm not a huge spa person, but a good pool is essential for me to relax. The pool area was clean and well-maintained, and I spent a glorious afternoon there, just floating and soaking up the sun. It’s a real pool with view kind of situation, and it was just what I needed after a long day of… well, existing.
I am not going to lie to you. I have spent time in a Sauna and a steamroom and I did not enjoy it. It makes me feel like I am going to be boiled alive. I had a massage once and I did not feel relaxed.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Buffet of Options (Literally!)
The Drury Inn is known for its free amenities, and the food is a big one. The breakfast [buffet] was… impressive. A true buffet in restaurant! Okay, it’s not exactly Michelin-star dining, but it was extensive. They had everything you could want, from Western breakfast staples to some Asian breakfast options. They also had coffee/tea in restaurant, which is a MUST in my book! And hey, the breakfast takeaway service was a lifesaver on the days I had to rush.
They also have a bar and a poolside bar, which is always a plus. And while I didn’t indulge in the Happy hour myself (I was too busy enjoying the pool), I heard it was a good time!
Services and Conveniences: Everything You Could Need (and Some You Didn't Know You Did)
The Drury Inn is packed with services. 24-hour front desk, concierge, daily housekeeping… they’ve got it all. Plus, they offer airport transfer, and car park [free of charge] which is a huge win. They even have a convenience store for those last-minute essentials.
Things to Do: Beyond the Hotel Walls
Fairview Heights is a pretty good place to be. They have a shopping mall nearby, and you're also close to St. Louis.
The Verdict: Should You Escape to Fairview Heights?
Absolutely. The Drury Inn & Suites in Fairview Heights is a solid choice. It's clean, comfortable, and offers a ton of amenities. The location is convenient, the staff is friendly, and the free breakfast and Wi-Fi are major perks. Sure, it’s not perfect, but it’s a darn good place to escape to.
SEO-Friendly Summary & Irresistible Offer:
Escape to St. Louis (Fairview Heights!) and Experience Unbeatable Value at the Drury Inn & Suites!
Looking for a relaxing getaway that won't break the bank? The Drury Inn & Suites in Fairview Heights, IL, offers everything you need for a comfortable and convenient stay. Enjoy FREE Wi-Fi, a delicious breakfast buffet, and a refreshing outdoor pool with a view. With top-notch cleanliness and safety protocols, you can relax knowing you're in good hands. Explore nearby attractions, or simply unwind in your spacious room with air conditioning and blackout curtains.
Book your stay now and receive a complimentary upgrade to a room with a balcony (subject to availability!) Plus, enjoy a special discount on your first spa treatment! Don't miss this chance to experience the Drury Inn & Suites - your perfect Fairview Heights getaway awaits!
#DruryInn #FairviewHeights #StLouis #HotelReview #TravelDeals #Vacation #PoolWithAView #FreeBreakfast #CleanHotel #Accessibility #FamilyFriendly #EscapeToStLouis
Chez Lulu et Lutin: Rawdon's BEST Kept Secret (QC, Canada)
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's perfectly-scheduled itinerary. This is real life, Drury Inn edition, Fairview Heights, Illinois, USA. Get ready for a rollercoaster of emotions, questionable decisions, and the undeniable lure of free popcorn.
Day 1: Arrival, Anxiety, and the Allure of the Free Buffet (a.k.a. The Great Descent into St. Louis-ish-ness)
- 1:00 PM: Arrive at Lambert International Airport (STL). Okay, first hurdle – the airport. It's…fine. Not exactly Paris, but hey, the people-watching is decent. Spotted a guy in a full-body Spiderman suit waiting for a flight to…somewhere. Instantly felt a pang of envy. My own travel outfit consists of yoga pants and a questionable t-shirt. Sigh.
- 1:45 PM: Rental car pickup. This is where the anxiety starts. Praying I don't get the "clunker of the week." Thankfully, it's just a slightly-less-than-shiny sedan. Named her Bertha. She's got character.
- 2:30 PM: Drive to Drury Inn & Suites Fairview Heights. The drive is mostly a blur of highway exits and the growing feeling that I should have packed more snacks.
- 3:30 PM: Check-in. The front desk lady is way too cheerful. "Welcome to the Drury Inn!" she chirps. Internally, I'm screaming, "Just give me the key and let me hide in my room!" But I smile and nod, because I'm a people-pleaser.
- 4:00 PM: Finally, room. It's…a room. Cleanish. Standard hotel fare. Immediately check for bed bugs, because, you know, paranoia. Found none. Success!
- 4:30 PM: The free buffet! Okay, this is the reason I booked the Drury. The rumors are true! They have hot food! A glorious spread of… well, let's be honest, it's not gourmet, but it's free. And the mashed potatoes are surprisingly good. I may have taken a second (or third) helping. Regret? Maybe later.
- 5:30 PM: Attempt to unpack. Fail. Clothes are strewn everywhere. Decide to embrace the chaos.
- 6:00 PM: Pool time (maybe?!) The pool is small, but it's indoors! I take a peek, and I'm too self-conscious to go in. My inner child is screaming for a swim. Sigh.
- 7:00 PM: Evening reception. More free food and drinks! This is the life. I load up on chicken wings and beer. This is the moment I start to REALLY love the Drury.
- 9:00 PM: Netflix and chill (alone, in the hotel room). The comfort of a hotel bed is underrated. The exhaustion of travel hits me like a ton of bricks.
- 10:00 PM: Pass out.
Day 2: The Gateway to…Disappointment? (aka, St. Louis and the Great Arch Debacle)
- 7:00 AM: Wake up, fueled by free breakfast (waffles! Bacon!). I'm starting to feel like a Drury Inn-addict.
- 8:00 AM: Drive to the Gateway Arch National Park. The GPS is being a jerk. Should have downloaded offline maps. Bertha is starting to show her age.
- 9:00 AM: Arrive at the Arch. Okay, it's big. Really big. But the line is HUGE. And the weather is…meh. Overcast and a bit chilly. The sheer massiveness of the Arch is impressive, but it also feels like a giant, cold monument to… something. I'm not sure what.
- 9:30 AM: Decide to skip the tram ride to the top. The line is just too long. And I'm suddenly not feeling the whole "claustrophobic space in a giant metal thing" vibe.
- 10:00 AM: Wander around the park. Look at the museum. Read the history. It's… interesting. But honestly? I'm more fascinated by the pigeons. They're fearless.
- 11:00 AM: Lunch. Find a local diner. The food is…okay. The waitress is friendly, but clearly, she's seen it all. I order a burger. It's…a burger. Perfectly adequate.
- 12:00 PM: The City Museum. This is the place! Someone told me about it, and they were right. It's a playground for adults, filled with tunnels, slides, and random junk art. I get gloriously lost. I laugh. I climb. I feel like a kid again. It is pure, unadulterated joy.
- 3:00 PM: My knees ache, my clothes are dirty, and I am exhilarated. The City Museum is everything. Best. Thing. Ever.
- 4:00 PM: Drive back to the hotel. I'm exhausted, but happy.
- 5:00 PM: Pool time (again, maybe?) I'm too tired. The allure has faded.
- 6:00 PM: Free dinner at the Drury. This time, I strategically load up on the salad bar to attempt to combat the previous day's chicken wing overload.
- 7:00 PM: Netflix and collapse.
- 8:00 PM: Realize I forgot to buy a souvenir. Facepalm.
- 9:00 PM: Sleep.
Day 3: Farewell, Fairview Heights (aka, The Drury Inn Withdrawal Symptoms)
- 7:00 AM: Another free breakfast! The waffles are calling my name. I take a picture of the waffle-making station. It's weird, but I feel a strange sense of accomplishment.
- 8:00 AM: Check out. The cheerful front desk lady is still cheerful. I want to hug her.
- 8:30 AM: One last look at the hotel. The Drury Inn. A beautiful, messy, free-food-filled haven. I'm already mourning its loss.
- 9:00 AM: Drive to the airport. Bertha performs admirably.
- 10:00 AM: Return the rental car. Say goodbye to Bertha.
- 11:00 AM: Airport security. It's the worst.
- 12:00 PM: Flight home.
- On the plane: Reflecting on the trip. The Arch was okay. The City Museum was amazing. The Drury Inn…was everything I needed and more. It's a love affair, I tell you.
- 1:00 PM: Land at home. Unpack. The real world. Sigh.
- 2:00 PM: Already planning my next Drury Inn adventure. Because, free food. And waffles. And the sweet, sweet embrace of a hotel bed.
This trip wasn't perfect. But it was real. And sometimes, that's all you need. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go look up the nearest Drury Inn.
Sydney Harbour Escape: Darling Harbour's BEST Getaway Hotel!
Escape to St. Louis: Drury Inn's Unbeatable Fairview Heights Getaway! (Or, You Know, *My* Unbeatable Getaway) - FAQs (and Rants!)
Okay, Okay, So What *IS* This "Unbeatable" Thing? And Why Fairview Heights?
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because I'm about to tell you why this Drury Inn in Fairview Heights, Illinois (yes, Illinois, not Missouri – get it straight!) is, in *my* humble opinion, a mini-vacation miracle. "Unbeatable" is a strong word, I know. But seriously, after the year I've had... this place is a freaking oasis. It's not about the Eiffel Tower (though, let's be honest, the Gateway Arch is pretty spiffy). It's about… escape. Pure and simple.
And Fairview Heights? Well, it's close enough to St. Louis to get your city fix (hello, Cardinals game!), but far enough to feel… peaceful. Plus, the Drury Inn chain? They've got this whole "free food and drinks" thing that's practically a love language to me. I mean, who *doesn't* love free? Especially when you're trying to avoid cooking after a week of… well, let's just say *things*.
Free Food and Drinks? Spill the Tea! What's the Catch? (There's Always a Catch, Right?)
Okay, so the "catch" is that you have to actually *stay* at the hotel. Duh. But seriously, the free food is REAL. And it's not just sad, leftover bagels. They have a hot breakfast (scrambled eggs! Sausage! Waffles! Don't judge me, I love waffles!), and then in the evenings, they have… the "5:30 Kickback." Which is basically a buffet of hot food, beer, wine, and soft drinks. It's a miracle. A glorious, carb-laden, slightly-tipsy miracle.
Last time, I swear they had mini-meatballs. Mini-meatballs! I may have eaten… well, let's just say I made a friend at the mini-meatball station. We bonded. It was beautiful. There's also popcorn in the lobby. Popcorn. Need I say more?
Is this place… *fancy*? I'm not exactly high-society material.
Fancy? Honey, no. Thank goodness. It's clean, comfortable, and *friendly*. It's the kind of place where you can wear your pajamas to breakfast and nobody bats an eye. It's the kind of place where the front desk staff actually *smiles* and asks how your day is going. (And they seem to mean it! That's rare these days.)
It's not a Ritz-Carlton. It's not trying to be. And that's the beauty of it. It's a place to RELAX. To de-stress. To… well, to pig out on mini-meatballs and maybe even have a second glass of wine without feeling judged. (Okay, maybe *I* judge myself a little, but that's my problem.)
Okay, I'm intrigued. What's the room situation like? Are the beds comfy? (This is crucial!)
The rooms are… solid. They're not the most glamorous rooms you've ever seen, but they're clean, spacious enough, and the beds? Oh, the beds. They're like sleeping on a cloud made of… I don't know, something fluffy and amazing. I always sleep like a log. Which is saying something, considering my usual sleep schedule involves waking up every two hours to worry about… well, everything.
And the best part? The blackout curtains. Seriously, those things are a lifesaver. You can sleep until noon and completely forget what day it is. Pure bliss.
So, is this place *perfect*? Because nothing's perfect, right? Spill the dirt!
Alright, alright, let's get real. Nothing's perfect. And yes, there are a *few* minor imperfections. Like, the pool is indoors, which is fine, but sometimes it gets a little… chlorine-y. And the elevators can be a *touch* slow during peak times. And, okay, the breakfast waffles aren't always the *crispiest* waffles you've ever had. (But hey, free waffles! I'm not complaining.)
But honestly? Those are small potatoes. The overall experience is overwhelmingly positive. It's a safe, comfortable, and relatively affordable escape. And after the year I've had, that's more than I could have asked for.
What about activities? What's there to *do* in Fairview Heights/St. Louis?
Okay, this is where it gets… a little complicated. Fairview Heights itself isn't exactly a hotbed of excitement. But you're close to St. Louis, which has *tons* to offer! The Arch (duh!), the zoo (free!), the City Museum (a MUST-SEE, even if you're claustrophobic like me – just breathe!), and all sorts of museums and historical sites. You could easily spend a week exploring the city.
Me? I usually just go to the hotel. Seriously. I might venture out for a quick trip to the mall (because, retail therapy!), but mostly, I just want to… relax. Read a book by the (chlorine-tinged) pool. Eat mini-meatballs. Watch bad TV. And not think about… well, you know. It's a mental health retreat, people! With free cocktails!
One time, though, I did go to a Cardinals game. And it was amazing! The energy! The hot dogs! The, uh, beer! (Okay, maybe I'm sensing a theme here…) But even if you *don't* like baseball, just being in that atmosphere is pretty fantastic. Highly recommend.
Okay, you've convinced me. But… what if I *hate* mini-meatballs?
Then… I don't know what to tell you. (Just kidding!) There's usually a variety of food at the Kickback. There are always alternatives. And even if the food isn't your *absolute* favorite, the overall experience is still worth it. Think of it as a… culinary adventure! A chance to try new things! (Or, you know, stick with the chicken nuggets. No judgment.)Hotel Near Me Search

