
Escape to St. Louis: Luxury & Location at Drury Inn & Suites Near Forest Park!
Escape to St. Louis: Drury Inn & Suites Near Forest Park - My Honest Take (Brace Yourself!)
Okay, so you're thinking about St. Louis? Smart move. And you're eyeing the Drury Inn & Suites near Forest Park? Even smarter. But before you click "book," let me, your friendly neighborhood hotel reviewer, give you the real deal. Because honestly, sometimes those glossy brochures are just… well, you know.
First Impressions (and a Little Panic)
Pulling up, the Drury looked… solid. Not exactly jaw-dropping, but clean, well-maintained. Crucially, the car park [free of charge] was a godsend. Parking in cities is my nemesis. And the exterior corridor was a bit… motel-y. But hey, it’s practical, right? My heart did a little flip (good, this time!) when I saw the fire extinguisher by the elevator. Safety first, people! And the CCTV in common areas and outside property gave me a sense of security. You know, just in case I decided to do anything… questionable.
Accessibility – A Mixed Bag, Honestly
Now, I'm not mobility-challenged, but I always check for accessibility. The elevator was a MUST, obviously. And the website claimed they had facilities for disabled guests. I'm guessing they do, but I didn’t specifically check. I did notice the lobby was level. So, it's a good starting point.
Rooms – A Cozy Sanctuary (with a Few Quirks)
My room? Ah, the room. The non-smoking room was a breath of fresh air (literally). The air conditioning blasted cold air, which was amazing after the St. Louis humidity. The blackout curtains were divine. Seriously, I could have slept through a zombie apocalypse. The bed was comfy, the linens were clean. You know, the basics.
Now, the bathroom… Well, let's just say it was functional. The toiletries were standard, nothing fancy. And the shower? Adequate. I'm not complaining, but it wasn't a spa experience. No bathtub for a luxurious soak. But hey, at least the hair dryer worked. I was also happy to find a mirror, because, well, I like to see how I look.
Internet (The Lifeline!)
Okay, internet. This is important, people. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! YES! And it worked! Not always lightning-fast, but reliable enough for streaming and, you know, keeping up with the world. Internet access – wireless was a lifesaver, and I was glad to have Internet access – LAN as a backup.
Food, Glorious Food (and Maybe a Little Disappointment)
The Drury Inn is famous for its freebies, right? Let’s break it down:
- Breakfast [buffet]: This was a highlight! Buffet in restaurant, with Asian breakfast, Western breakfast, and everything in between. The coffee/tea in restaurant was plentiful (essential!). The breakfast takeaway service was a nice touch for early birds. I'm not sure about Asian cuisine in restaurant, but the breakfast had an Asian flair that was a treat.
- Happy hour: Free food and drinks? Yes, please! The bar was lively. The Poolside bar was a great place to wind down. I saw the bottle of water and thought it was a nice touch.
- Restaurants: While the Drury doesn't have a full-blown restaurant, the snack bar was convenient. And the fact that there was a coffee shop near the lobby was great.
- Room service [24-hour]: Yes, please!
Things to Do and Ways to Relax – A Bit of a Letdown
This is where things get a little… meh.
- Swimming pool [outdoor]: It was there. Clean. Fine. Didn't blow my socks off.
- Fitness center: I glanced in. Looked… functional. Not exactly a state-of-the-art gym.
- Spa, Spa/sauna, Sauna, Steamroom: Nope. Nada. Zilch. Don’t go expecting a spa day.
Cleanliness and Safety – Mostly Reassuring
This is where the Drury really shines. Especially post-pandemic. They seem to take it seriously.
- Daily disinfection in common areas.
- Anti-viral cleaning products.
- Rooms sanitized between stays.
- Hand sanitizer everywhere.
- Staff trained in safety protocol.
- Cashless payment service.
It made me feel pretty safe. And the smoke alarms were reassuring.
Services and Conveniences – The Little Things
- Daily housekeeping: Always appreciated.
- Concierge: Didn't use it, but it was there.
- Laundry service and dry cleaning were a huge plus.
- Convenience store: Perfect for late-night snacks.
- Elevator: Essential.
- Meeting/banquet facilities: Didn’t check them out, but good to know they're available.
For the Kids (and the Kid in You)
- Family/child friendly: Seemed like it.
- Babysitting service: Nope.
Getting Around – Location, Location, Location!
This is where Drury really scores. Near Forest Park? YES! Airport transfer was available (didn't use it, but good to know). Car park [on-site] was a lifesaver. Taxi service available.
The Bottom Line: Should You Book?
Okay, here's the deal. The Drury Inn & Suites near Forest Park is a solid, reliable choice. It’s not the most luxurious hotel in the world. It’s not a spa retreat. But it's clean, comfortable, has free food and drinks, and the location is fantastic. It's a great base for exploring St. Louis.
My Anecdote: The Breakfast Buffet Breakdown
Okay, I have to share my breakfast experience. I’m a breakfast person. A serious breakfast person. And the buffet? It was glorious. Scrambled eggs, crispy bacon, sausage links, waffles… you name it, they had it. The coffee was hot and strong. I ate my weight in carbs. And there was this one lady, bless her heart, who was very dedicated to getting the perfect waffle. She hovered over the waffle maker, meticulously crafting each one. I watched her, fascinated, for a good five minutes. It was a perfect example of the simple joys of life. And the best part? It was all free. I rate this breakfast experience a solid 9/10.
The Imperfections
Now for the messy parts. The lack of a spa was a bummer. The pool was okay, but nothing special. And the decor? A bit… generic. It's not a hotel you'll be Instagramming every corner of.
The Emotional Rollercoaster
I felt a mix of emotions. Relief when I realized the parking was free. Gratitude for the clean room and the free Wi-Fi. Excitement for the breakfast buffet. Mild disappointment at the lack of a spa. And a general sense of satisfaction. It was a good stay. Not perfect. But good.
My Final, Opinionated Verdict
If you're looking for a comfortable, convenient, and affordable hotel near Forest Park, the Drury Inn & Suites is a great choice. It’s not a splurge. It’s not fancy. But it’s reliable, clean, and has a fantastic location. And the free breakfast and happy hour? Those are the real winners. Go forth and enjoy St. Louis!
SEO-Optimized Offer: Escape to St. Louis & Unwind at Drury Inn & Suites Near Forest Park!
Tired of the same old routine? Craving a getaway? Escape to St. Louis and experience the perfect blend of comfort, convenience, and FREE perks at the Drury Inn & Suites near Forest Park!
Here's why you should book NOW:
- Prime Location: Explore Forest Park, home to the St. Louis Zoo, Art Museum, and Science Center, all just minutes away!
- FREE Breakfast & Happy Hour: Start your day with a delicious, hot breakfast buffet and unwind each evening with complimentary drinks and snacks.
- Comfort & Convenience: Enjoy clean, comfortable rooms with free Wi-Fi, air conditioning, blackout curtains, and more!
- Safety & Peace of Mind: We prioritize your well-being with enhanced cleaning protocols, including daily disinfection and anti-viral products.
- Stress-Free Travel: Free parking, easy access to attractions, and all the amenities you need for a relaxing stay.
Book your St. Louis adventure today!
Click here to book your stay at Drury Inn & Suites near Forest Park and experience the best of St. Louis!
**#StLouisHotels #ForestPark #DruryInn #TravelDeals #FreeBreakfast #HappyHour #Vacation #Missouri #HotelReview #WeekendGetaway #Travel
Dubai Beachfront Paradise: 3BR Luxury Villa Awaits!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's perfectly-polished travel brochure. This is real life, Drury Inn & Suites style, in St. Louis, Missouri, near the glorious Forest Park. And trust me, it’s gonna be a ride.
The Drury Disasterpiece: St. Louis Edition
Day 1: Arrival, Anticipation, and the Awkward Elevator Dance
- 3:00 PM: Arrival & Check-In (The Great Lobby Gauntlet)
- Okay, first impressions. The Drury Inn. Solid. Not fancy fancy, but clean enough, smells of… well, something vaguely citrus-y and cleaning supplies. The lobby is a classic – a chaotic ballet of families, stressed business travelers, and me, already plotting my escape to the free evening snacks.
- Check-in. Smooth…ish. The front desk lady, bless her heart, looked like she'd seen a thousand tired eyes. "Welcome to St. Louis!" she chirped. I mumbled something about being excited, probably with a hint of terror. The key cards…always a gamble. Praying they work.
- Anecdote: The elevator. Oh, the elevator. A microcosm of humanity. Awkward silences, shared glances, the guy who always pushes the button for the wrong floor. Today's highlight? A toddler loudly declaring, "This is boring!" I felt ya, kid. I felt ya.
- 3:30 PM: Room Reconnaissance & the Urgent Need for Caffeine
- The room. Ah, the room. Surprisingly spacious! Two queen beds, a desk, a TV, and a view of… the parking lot. Hey, I'm not complaining. It's a roof over my head. Unpacked my bag, threw everything on the bed, because who has time for proper unpacking?
- Reaction: Immediate, desperate need for caffeine. The provided coffee maker, bless its little plastic heart, was already looking forlorn. Time to hit the lobby for the real stuff.
- 4:00 PM: The Hotel's Free Stuff. A Double-Edged Sword.
- The Drury's free amenities. This is where things get interesting. Free popcorn? Yes, please! Free soda? Bring it on! Free evening snacks? This is the main event. This is why we're here.
- Anecdote: The snack situation. It's a buffet. A free buffet. And it's a free-for-all. Picture this: me, elbowing my way through a crowd of hungry travelers, grabbing a handful of nachos, and desperately searching for a decent salsa. It's a beautiful, messy, glorious thing.
- Quirky Observation: The sheer variety of people at the snack buffet is a spectacle. The business man in a suit, the family with three screaming kids, the lone wolf like me, all united in the pursuit of free food. It's oddly heartwarming.
- 6:00 PM: Forest Park - A Glimpse of Green (and Squirrels)
- Forest Park, here we come! A short drive (thank goodness for GPS, I'm directionally challenged). This park is HUGE. Like, seriously massive. I'm talking bigger than Central Park.
- Reaction: A wave of relief washing over me. Fresh air, green trees, the promise of escape from the hotel room. This is what I needed.
- Messy Structure: Wandered around aimlessly for a while, just soaking it in. Saw the Art Museum (too tired to go in), the History Museum (maybe tomorrow), and a ridiculous number of squirrels. Seriously, those squirrels are bold. They practically mug you for peanuts.
- Opinion: Forest Park is an absolute gem. A true oasis in the middle of the city. If you're in St. Louis, you must go.
- 7:30 PM: Dinner Disaster and Redemption (Sort Of)
- Rambling: Okay, so I thought I'd be adventurous and try a local restaurant, "Pappy's Smokehouse" (famous for their ribs), but oh boy. The line was out the door, the wait was over an hour. My stomach was rumbling. "NOOOOO!" I cried.
- Emotional Reaction: I was tired, hangry, and defeated. I ended up getting takeout pizza and a sugary soda.
- The Redemption (Sort Of): The pizza was… well, it was pizza. It filled the hole. And the soda was cold. Sometimes, that's enough. Back to the hotel, defeated, but full.
Day 2: Museums, Misadventures, and the Search for the Perfect Souvenir
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast Buffet - The Breakfast of Champions…or Just Survival
- The free breakfast. The second most important reason for staying at a Drury Inn. Scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, fruit, the works.
- Anecdote: The waffle machine. It's a battlefield. You're competing with hungry families and determined business travelers. The key is to be quick, decisive, and not afraid to elbow a small child. (Just kidding…mostly.)
- Quirky Observation: The sheer volume of food consumed at this breakfast is astounding. People are piling their plates like they're preparing for the apocalypse. I joined the ranks.
- 10:00 AM: The St. Louis Zoo - An Animal Adventure!
- The zoo! Free! And awesome! Got up close and personal with all sorts of animals, elephants, monkeys, and even the polar bears.
- Doubling Down: Spent hours at the Zoo. The penguin exhibit was mesmerizing. I sat there, watching those little guys waddle around, for a good half hour, just smiling. They're so silly. I loved it!
- Emotional Reaction: Pure joy. Just watching animals do their thing is good for the soul.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch at a Local Deli - Another Adventure
- Found a local deli for lunch. Got a huge sandwich and a pickle.
- Messy Structure: Sat outside, people-watching, enjoying the sunshine.
- Opinion: Best sandwich I've ever had.
- 2:30 PM: The Gateway Arch - A Monumental Experience
- The Arch. Iconic. A must-see. The tram ride up was a bit claustrophobic, but the view from the top? Spectacular. Worth the slightly panicky feeling.
- Stronger Emotional Reactions: The view from the top was exhilarating. The entire city spread out below, the Mississippi River snaking its way through the landscape. It was truly impressive.
- 4:00 PM: Souvenir Shopping - The Search for the Perfect Trinket
- Souvenir shopping. The bane of my existence. I hate buying things. But I have to get something, right?
- Rambling: Wandered around the gift shops, overwhelmed by the sheer volume of… stuff. Keychains, t-shirts, snow globes… the choices were endless.
- The Verdict: Ended up with a St. Louis Cardinals baseball cap. Practical, I guess. And at least it wasn't a snow globe.
- 6:00 PM: Back to Drury for the Free Stuff (Again!)
- The evening snacks! I'm not ashamed to admit it. I went back. I needed to refuel after all that sightseeing.
- Quirky Observation: The same cast of characters from yesterday's snack buffet were there. We exchanged knowing glances. We're in this together.
- Opinionated Language: Those nachos were even better than yesterday. Maybe I'm getting used to the chaos.
Day 3: Departure & Reflections (and a Possible Return)
- 9:00 AM: Farewell Breakfast & Packing
- One last breakfast buffet. One last waffle. One last attempt to avoid making eye contact with the other guests.
- Anecdote: Attempted to pack my suitcase, but it was a disaster. Ended up just throwing everything in there and hoping for the best.
- 10:00 AM: Check-Out & Departure
- Check-out. Surprisingly easy. The front desk lady wished me a safe trip.
- Emotional Reaction: A bittersweet feeling. Sad to leave, but also relieved. I'm tired, but also filled with memories.
- 10:30 AM: Reflecting on the Drury Experience
- Messy Structure: St. Louis was great. The Drury Inn was… well, it was the Drury Inn. A reliable base camp. The free food was a lifesaver. The people-watching was entertaining.
- Opinion: Would I go back? Absolutely. St. Louis is a fantastic city, and the Drury Inn, with all its quirks, is a perfectly serviceable place to stay. I'm already plotting my return.
- Quirky Observation: The

So, is this Drury Inn near Forest Park really "luxury"? Let's be honest...
Luxury? Okay, let's get real. This isn't the Ritz. But, and this is a big but, for the price point and the whole *Drury Inn* vibe, it's darn good. Think "elevated comfort," not "gold-plated everything." They’re not serving caviar at breakfast (though, let's be honest, a little caviar would have been AMAZING), but they do have a solid free breakfast. I'm talking waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage... the essentials. Plus, the rooms? Clean. Seriously, *clean*. That's a huge win in my book. And the beds? Comfy enough to actually *sleep* in after a long day of park-hopping. So, luxury? Maybe not. Comfortable, convenient, and a damn good value? Absolutely. I mean, I've stayed in places that cost triple the price and were *far* less comfortable. Remember that time I stayed at that... (shudders) ...hotel in Vegas? Yeah, no comparison. This is a winner.
The location: Forest Park. Is it truly as amazing as everyone says? And is this Drury the right spot?
Forest Park? Oh. My. God. It's HUGE. Like, seriously, you could get lost in there. But in a good way! It's got the zoo (free!), the art museum, the science center... it's a playground for adults and kids alike. And the Drury? Yeah, it's a *great* location. Close enough to walk (if you're feeling ambitious – I'm usually not after the free evening drinks), or a super quick drive. I mean, you're practically *in* the park. The convenience factor is HUGE. I'd say, yes. Yes, it is the right spot. Consider this: I once stayed at a hotel *far* from the park, and spent half my vacation stuck in traffic. Never. Again. Seriously, Forest Park is a must-see, and this Drury makes it ridiculously easy to explore. Plus, it's way better than that sketchy motel I ended up in last time... ugh, the memories...
Let's talk about the free stuff. The "Kickback" and the breakfast... worth it? Or just hype?
The Kickback? Okay, this is where Drury *shines*. Free food *and* drinks? Yes, please! It's not gourmet, mind you. Think hot dogs, nachos, maybe some pasta... but it's *free*. And the drinks? Beer, wine, soda... all included. It's perfect after a long day of sightseeing. I've seen some *intense* Kickback action, let me tell you. People get *serious* about those nachos. My advice? Get there early. Especially if you're traveling with kids. Those little gremlins can clear a nacho bar faster than you can say "extra cheese." Breakfast? Also solid. Waffles! And they have those little individual yogurts, which is a lifesaver. Especially when you're hungover from the Kickback the night before. Let's be honest, the free food and drinks are a huge part of the appeal. It's like, "Hey, we're already saving money on the room, let's *really* save money!" And who doesn't love that?
What about the pool? Is it a crowded, chlorine-smelling mess?
The pool... Okay, this is where things get a little... *variable*. It's an indoor/outdoor pool, which is awesome. You can swim even if it's raining! But, yeah, it *can* get crowded, especially during peak season. And, yes, there's a definite chlorine smell. It's not like a pristine, spa-like experience. Think more... "family fun zone." I've seen kids cannonballing into that pool with reckless abandon. I've seen parents trying to keep track of multiple children while simultaneously trying to relax. It's a scene. But, hey, it's a pool! It's clean enough, and it's a welcome respite after a day of walking around. I'd recommend going early in the morning, or late at night, to avoid the crowds. Or, you know, just embrace the chaos. It's part of the Drury experience!
Okay, so you've sold me. But what's the *one* thing that really stood out? The thing you'll remember?
Alright, here's the thing that sticks with me. Last time I stayed, I was having a *terrible* day. Everything was going wrong. Traffic was a nightmare, my luggage was delayed, and I was pretty much ready to curl up and cry. I stumbled into the lobby, exhausted and grumpy. And... the front desk clerk, this woman named Sarah, she was just... amazing. She was so genuinely friendly, so helpful, she actually *listened* to me vent. She upgraded my room (without me even asking!), and she gave me a free coupon for a drink at the Kickback. It wasn't just the upgrade; it was her kindness. That little bit of human connection, in the middle of my travel chaos, made all the difference. It’s those little things, those moments of genuine care, that really make a difference. It's not just a hotel; it's a place where you feel… seen. That's what I'll remember. That, and the waffles. Can't forget the waffles.
Are there any downsides? Gotta be something, right?
Okay, the downsides. Let's be real. The parking can be a bit of a pain. Especially if you arrive late at night. It’s not a huge deal, but you might have to walk a little bit. And, okay, sometimes the elevators are slow. Like, *really* slow. You might find yourself contemplating taking the stairs, even if you're on the tenth floor. And, let's not forget the occasional… *ahem*… noisy neighbor. You know, the kind who thinks the walls are soundproof. But honestly? Those are minor quibbles. They're easily outweighed by the positives. I mean, every place has its quirks, right? Even the fancy hotels. And for the price, the location, and the whole Drury vibe? I’m willing to overlook a little elevator lag.
Would you stay here again? Be honest!
Absolutely. Without a doubt. Chicstayst

