Unbeatable Memphis Getaway: Home2 Suites Southaven!

Home2 Suites by Hilton Memphis - Southaven, MS Southaven (MS) United States

Home2 Suites by Hilton Memphis - Southaven, MS Southaven (MS) United States

Unbeatable Memphis Getaway: Home2 Suites Southaven!

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the Unbeatable Memphis Getaway: Home2 Suites Southaven! And trust me, after spending a few days there, I've got opinions. Forget those sterile, corporate reviews – this is going to be real, raw, and maybe a little bit rambling. Consider this your unfiltered guide to whether or not this place is worth your precious vacation time.

First Impressions & the "Accessibility" Tango

Right off the bat, let's talk accessibility. This is HUGE for me, because, well, life throws curveballs, and sometimes you need a smooth ride. Home2 Suites Southaven says they’re accessible. They say they have facilities for disabled guests. They even say they have elevators. (Phew, because the thought of lugging my suitcase up stairs after a 10-hour drive… no thank you!)

But here's the thing: "accessible" can be a slippery slope. I'm happy to report the elevator actually worked (a small victory!), and the hallways felt wide enough for, say, a wheelchair to maneuver. HOWEVER… I’m not actually using a wheelchair, so I can't vouch for the true level of accessibility. Check with the hotel directly to verify specific needs. And be prepared to advocate for yourself. This applies to the "Facilities for disabled guests" as well.

The Room: My Humble Abode

Okay, the room. Cozy? Maybe. Modern? Sure. But let's be honest, it's a Home2 Suites. You know what you're getting: a clean, functional space. The "Available in all rooms" list is long. You've got your "Air conditioning" (thank goodness, Memphis heat is no joke!), "Blackout curtains" (essential for sleeping off that BBQ coma!), "Coffee/tea maker" (because first world problems, am I right?), and "Free Wi-Fi" (praise the internet gods!).

The "extra long bed" was a definite plus for my six-foot-something frame. The "desk" actually was a decent size, which was great because I needed to sneak some work in on this trip. There was also a "refrigerator" (hello, leftovers!), and a "microwave" (for those late-night snack attacks).

The "Cleanliness and Safety" Dance

Now, in these post-pandemic times, cleanliness is KING. Home2 Suites seems to be taking it seriously. They've got "Anti-viral cleaning products," "Daily disinfection in common areas," and the dreaded "Room sanitization opt-out available" (which I, thankfully, didn't have to exercise). I appreciated the "Hand sanitizer" stations scattered around. It felt clean, and that's half the battle.

They also had "Staff trained in safety protocol." Which is good… I guess. You know, you just hope they're actually doing it.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Where the Adventure Begins (and Ends)

Okay, here's where things get… interesting. Home2 Suites Southaven offers a "Breakfast [buffet]". Let me tell you, "buffet" is a generous term. It's a continental breakfast, people. Think: cereal, yogurt, maybe some sad-looking pastries, and a waffle maker that's probably seen better days. It's fine if you're in a pinch, but don't expect culinary fireworks.

They do have a "Coffee/tea in restaurant" (read: in the breakfast area). And a "Snack bar." Again, let's manage expectations. It's basically pre-packaged snacks and drinks you can buy.

There is a "Coffee shop" nearby, but you're on your own.

Things to Do (Beyond the Hotel Walls)

This is where Home2 Suites shines because it's in Southaven, Mississippi. You're practically in Memphis! That means:

  • Music, Music, Music: Graceland? Check. Beale Street? Double check. The Stax Museum of American Soul Music? Triple check.
  • BBQ Bonanza: Central BBQ? Rendezvous? Payne's? Prepare your stomach for a delicious assault.
  • History & Culture: The National Civil Rights Museum at the Lorraine Motel is a must-see.

The hotel itself? Well, it does have a "Fitness center" (I glanced in the window – looked clean enough, though I didn’t use it). There's also a "Swimming pool [outdoor]". I didn't swim, but it looked inviting enough.

The "Services and Conveniences" Rundown

This is where Home2 Suites really delivers on the basics. "Free Car park [on-site]"? Yes! "Daily housekeeping"? Absolutely. "Laundry service"? Thank goodness! These are the things that make life easier on the road.

They also have a "Convenience store" (again, snacks and essentials). A "Cash withdrawal" option (always handy). And a "Concierge" (though I didn't need their services).

The Quirks, the Imperfections, and the Real Deal

Okay, let's get real for a second. This isn't the Ritz-Carlton. There were a few minor hiccups. The Wi-Fi was a little spotty at times (though generally "Wi-Fi [free]" worked well). The breakfast area could get a little crowded during peak hours. And, well, the waffles were… let's just say they weren't Instagram-worthy.

The Verdict: Should You Book?

Here's the deal: Home2 Suites Southaven is a solid, reliable choice. It's clean, comfortable, and conveniently located for exploring Memphis. It's not luxurious, but it's practical. It's the kind of place you can relax after a long day of sightseeing and eating BBQ.

Here's My Unbeatable Memphis Getaway Offer:

Book your stay at Home2 Suites Southaven and get ready for an Unforgettable Memphis Adventure!

  • Free Parking: Ditch the parking fees and save money for that extra rack of ribs!
  • Free Wi-Fi: Stay connected and share all your Memphis adventures with the world!
  • Prime Location: Easy access to all the major Memphis attractions, from Graceland to Beale Street.
  • Clean and Comfortable Rooms: Relax and recharge in a modern, well-appointed space.
  • Start your day with a good breakfast
  • Free cancelation
  • Book through our website and get an extra discount

But wait, there's more!

  • Book now and get a special discount on your first BBQ meal at Central BBQ!
  • Upgrade to a suite for even more space and comfort.
  • Get a free late check-out so you can sleep in after an unforgettable night out

Don't wait! Book your Unbeatable Memphis Getaway at Home2 Suites Southaven today and create memories that will last a lifetime!

Final Thoughts:

Look, it’s not perfect. But for the price and the location, Home2 Suites Southaven delivers a good experience. It's a great basecamp for exploring Memphis. Just go in with realistic expectations, embrace the quirks, and get ready to have a blast!

Escape to Paradise: Unforgettable Boracay South Beach Bliss

Book Now

Home2 Suites by Hilton Memphis - Southaven, MS Southaven (MS) United States

Home2 Suites by Hilton Memphis - Southaven, MS Southaven (MS) United States

Okay, buckle up buttercup, because this isn't your grandma's perfectly-organized itinerary. This is a real human's attempt to navigate the glorious chaos that is a trip to Southaven, Mississippi, and a stay at the Home2 Suites. Prepare for the glorious mess!

Home2 Suites by Hilton, Southaven, MS – A Messy, Honest, Funny Itinerary (or, My Brain on Vacation)

Day 1: Arrival, Realizations, and the Unexpected Charm of a Wal-Mart

  • 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Arrival & Room Reconnaissance: Okay, so the flight was delayed. Of course it was. That's just how my life works. Finally arrived at Memphis International, feeling like a crumpled piece of paper. Found the Home2 Suites – pretty easy, actually. First impression? Clean. Very clean. Which, after the airport, is a huge win. The room? Standard Home2 Suites stuff. Comfy bed, kitchenette (score!), and a vague sense of "I could live here…for a few days."

    • Anecdote: I swear, I saw a guy in the elevator wearing a t-shirt that said "I'm With Stupid" and pointing at himself. I almost lost it. This trip is already delivering.
  • 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM: The Hunger Games: Grocery Edition: Time to hit the grocery store. I'm starving. Google Maps directs me to a Super Wal-Mart. Super. Like, a Wal-Mart on steroids. This place is a freaking city. I navigate the aisles, battling the hordes of fellow shoppers, and feel a strange sense of…community? It’s a total sensory overload – the fluorescent lights, the endless rows of…everything…the smell of…well, Wal-Mart. But there's a certain charm, a certain…realness to it all. I grab the essentials: snacks (obviously), water, and a microwaveable burrito that probably violates several health codes but tastes like pure, unadulterated joy.

    • Quirky Observation: There's a whole aisle dedicated to camouflage clothing. Like, entirely camouflage. Who needs that much camouflage?! Is there a local spy ring I don't know about?
  • 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Settling In & Mild Panic: Back in the room. Unpack, unpack, unpack. Realize I forgot my toothbrush. Seriously?! Send a frantic text to my travel buddy who is arriving later. This is when the "I forgot everything" anxiety starts to creep in. Breathe. Deep breaths. I can live without a toothbrush for a night, right?

  • 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Poolside Reflections (and Mild Disappointment): The pool. The promise of the pool. It's clean, which is great! But…it's also…small. And a little…sterile. I’m not sure what I was expecting, maybe a mermaid, but I settle for a few laps while mentally replaying the day and trying to figure out what to do next.

  • 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM: Dinner at a "Local" Eatery (aka, the First Regret): Found a BBQ place nearby on Yelp. Highly rated. Sounded amazing. It wasn't. The BBQ was…okay. The sides were…meh. The service was…slow. I'm trying to be positive, but honestly, I’m starting to think I should have just stuck with the burrito.

    • Emotional Reaction: This is the downside of travel – the constant disappointment. But, hey, at least I can say I tried it!
  • 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM: Couch Potato Time & Bedtime: Back in the room. Channel surfing, trying to find something, anything, to watch. Settle on some late-night infomercials. They're strangely captivating. Eventually, collapse into bed, already dreaming of a better culinary experience tomorrow.

Day 2: Graceland, Graceland, and a Whole Lotta Elvis

  • 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM: Breakfast & Pre-Graceland Hype: The Home2 Suites breakfast is… well, it's free. And it involves a waffle maker. I’m not one to turn down a waffle. Fuel up, mentally prepare myself for the Elvis experience.

  • 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM: Graceland – The Overwhelming Majesty of Elvis: Okay, Graceland. Wow. Just…wow. The mansion itself is smaller than I expected, but the sheer amount of Elvis is staggering. The jumpsuits, the cars, the awards, the memorabilia…it's a sensory overload in the best possible way. The tour is well-organized, but the sheer volume of people is a little overwhelming.

    • Doubling Down on Graceland: The feeling of standing in Elvis's living room, seeing the piano he played, is surreal. I spent way longer than I anticipated in the Jungle Room, just soaking it all in. The sheer kitsch, the audacity, the…Elvisness of it all. It's a monument to a legend. I even bought a sparkly keychain. Don’t judge.
  • 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Post-Graceland Recovery & Lunch: Need a break from Elvis. Find a diner near Graceland. Greasy spoon, but the food is satisfying. Coffee is hot. People watching is prime.

  • 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM: The Blues Highway (Maybe): I meant to drive a bit of the Blues Highway, but I got sidetracked by a vintage record store. Found a rare vinyl record. My wallet is crying, but my soul is singing.

  • 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Poolside, Part Deux (and a Bit of Regret): Back to the pool. Still small. Still sterile. But, hey, it's a pool. I'm starting to think I should have booked a hotel with a real pool.

  • 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM: Dinner Round Two (Hoping for Redemption): Trying another restaurant tonight. This time, I'm doing my research. Fingers crossed.

  • 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM: Room, Repeat, and the Sweet Embrace of Sleep: Back in the room. Reflecting on the day. Graceland was amazing. The food, a mixed bag. The pool, underwhelming. But overall? A good day. Bedtime. Sleep. Ahhhhh.

Day 3: Departure & Final Reflections (and a Promise to Pack a Toothbrush Next Time)

  • 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM: Breakfast & Packing: Waffles again! They never disappoint. Packing. The dreaded task.
  • 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM: Last-Minute Souvenir Hunting & Airport Run: Need to find some last-minute souvenirs. Hit a gift shop. Buy a few things I'll probably never use. Airport.
  • 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Departure: The flight is…on time! A miracle! Goodbye, Southaven! Goodbye, Home2 Suites!
  • Final Thoughts: This trip was a mixed bag, just like life. Graceland was incredible. The food, a gamble. The Home2 Suites? Clean, comfortable, and a decent base of operations. I learned a valuable lesson: always pack a toothbrush. And, maybe, just maybe, lower my expectations a little bit. This journey, in all its messy glory, was worth it.

P.S. I'm already planning my next trip. And yes, I will be bringing a toothbrush. And maybe a mermaid. (Just kidding…probably.)

Escape to Paradise: Your Dream Villa Awaits in Kusadasi!

Book Now

Home2 Suites by Hilton Memphis - Southaven, MS Southaven (MS) United States

Home2 Suites by Hilton Memphis - Southaven, MS Southaven (MS) United States

Unbeatable Memphis Getaway: Home2 Suites Southaven - Your Questions (and My Rambling Answers!)

Is Home2 Suites Southaven actually... *good*? Seriously?

Okay, let's be real. "Good" is subjective, right? Like, my idea of a perfect evening involves a mountain of nachos and avoiding all human contact. But for a *hotel*, Home2 Suites Southaven? Yeah, it's pretty darn good. It's not the Ritz, folks. Don't expect a butler. But it's clean. Seriously, I have a weird obsession with cleanliness in hotel rooms. I'm talking, inspecting-the-corners-with-a-flashlight kind of clean. And this place mostly passed the test. Mostly. (More on that later… there's always a "later" with me.) They also have the free breakfast. Which, you know, is a lifesaver when you're hungover from the Beale Street blues...

The breakfast! What's the deal? Is it just sad continental stuff?

Alright, listen up, breakfast is *crucial*. It's the fuel that gets you through a day of Graceland pilgrimages and BBQ binges. And Home2 Suites? They *mostly* deliver. It's not five-star, but it ain't the sad, stale donut and lukewarm coffee situation. They have the waffle maker. The *waffle maker*. And I am a sucker for a freshly-made waffle. They also had scrambled eggs, which… well, they were edible. Let’s just say I've had better (and much, much worse). The cereal selection? Adequate. Fruit? Eh, mostly the pre-cut stuff, which always makes me feel like I'm eating in a hospital cafeteria. But the waffles… they were a win. A small, slightly-burned-around-the-edges waffle win.

Is the location convenient for Memphis attractions?

Okay, so Southaven is technically in Mississippi. Yes, I know. Geography is hard. But it's a *very* short drive from Memphis. Like, you can practically *smell* the BBQ from the hotel. (Okay, maybe not. But you *want* to.) Graceland? Easy peasy. Beale Street? A quick hop in the car. The National Civil Rights Museum? Totally doable. Honestly, the location was surprisingly good. It’s far enough out of the city that you don’t feel like you’re constantly battling traffic. But close enough that you're not spending half your vacation *driving*. Which, let's be honest, is a win for everyone. Especially me. I get car sick if I'm in the car for more than an hour.

What about the rooms? Are they actually *suites*?

Yes, they are *technically* suites. More like a really roomy hotel room. There's a little kitchenette area – microwave, mini-fridge, sink. Which is fantastic for storing leftovers from your BBQ adventures (and, let's be real, late-night ice cream runs). The living area is separate from the sleeping area, which is always a bonus. Especially if you're traveling with someone who snores like a chainsaw. (I’m looking at *you*, Dad.) The decor? Modern, clean, a little… beige. But hey, at least it's not the floral nightmare of some older hotels. The bed was comfy. That's the most important thing, right? A good bed can make or break a vacation. Speaking of which…

Okay, spill the tea. What *didn't* you like? Come on.

Alright, alright, you want the dirt? Fine. Here's the deal. One word: **Housekeeping.** Or, rather, the *lack* thereof. I'm not naming names, but let's just say our room wasn't cleaned as well as it could have been. I found a rogue Cheerio under the couch. A *single* Cheerio. But that Cheerio represented a failure of duty. And it haunted me. It's the little things, you know? It makes you wonder what *else* they missed. Like, maybe the bathroom wasn’t *quite* as clean as it should have been. And the towels... let's just say they could have been fluffier. So, yeah, housekeeping could use some improvement. But hey, nobody's perfect. Not even me. (Especially not me, if my messy desk is anything to go by.)

The pool and fitness center – worth it?

Pool? Yes. Fitness center? I walked past it. Twice. Did I *use* it? Nope. I was too busy eating BBQ and chasing Elvis. But the pool looked nice. Clean, inviting… I saw some kids splashing around, having a blast. It was the kind of pool that makes you want to… well, sit by the pool and drink a margarita. (Which, sadly, I didn't have access to. Rats.) The fitness center? Probably standard hotel gym fare. Treadmills, weights, the usual suspects. If you're into that sort of thing. I'm more into the horizontal exercise of lying on a bed and watching terrible reality TV. Which, you know, is also a valid form of exercise. Right? Right?!

Would you stay there again? Be honest!

Okay, here's the bottom line. Despite the rogue Cheerio and the slightly-lacking housekeeping, I *would* stay at Home2 Suites Southaven again. Why? Because the location is excellent, the rooms are comfortable, and the breakfast, while not life-changing, is decent. And, honestly, for the price? It's a solid choice. It's not perfect. No place is. But it's a good base for exploring Memphis and experiencing all the blues, BBQ, and Elvis-ness you can handle. Plus, the free Wi-Fi was strong, which is crucial for someone like me who needs to be constantly connected to the internet to avoid boredom. So, yeah, I'd recommend it. Just maybe pack a flashlight for your own personal corner inspection. You know, just in case.

Final Thoughts? Give me the TL;DR

TL;DR: Home2 Suites Southaven? Good. Not perfect. Breakfast: waffles are key. Location: convenient. Housekeeping: could be better. Would I stay again? Yep. Memphis: GO! Eat all the BBQ. See Graceland. Feel the blues. And try toUnique Hotel Finds

Home2 Suites by Hilton Memphis - Southaven, MS Southaven (MS) United States

Home2 Suites by Hilton Memphis - Southaven, MS Southaven (MS) United States

Home2 Suites by Hilton Memphis - Southaven, MS Southaven (MS) United States

Home2 Suites by Hilton Memphis - Southaven, MS Southaven (MS) United States