Makassar's Chicest Studio: No Kitchen? No Problem! (Bandaraya By Travelio)

Cozy NoKitchen Simply Studio Bandaraya By Travelio Makassar Indonesia

Cozy NoKitchen Simply Studio Bandaraya By Travelio Makassar Indonesia

Makassar's Chicest Studio: No Kitchen? No Problem! (Bandaraya By Travelio)

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the glittery, potentially-slightly-sticky world of Makassar's Chicest Studio: No Kitchen? No Problem! (Bandaraya By Travelio). I'm talking a full-on, warts-and-all review, the kind that’ll make you laugh, maybe cringe a little, and hopefully, actually help you decide if this place is your jam.

First off, let's be real. "Chicest Studio" is a bold claim. But hey, I'm here to find out if it lives up to the hype.

Accessibility & Safety: A Mixed Bag (with a dash of hope)

Okay, let's start with the nitty-gritty. Accessibility: This is where things get… interesting. The review doesn't specify wheelchair accessibility, so buyer beware. I can't tell you if it's a breeze or a battle. Safety is a biggie in today's world, and Bandaraya seems to be trying. They've got the usual suspects: CCTV, 24-hour security, fire extinguishers, smoke alarms. Good. But… the review also mentions "Room sanitization opt-out available." Hmm. That raises a little flag for me. Does that mean they don't automatically sanitize if you don't specify? I'd be asking some pointed questions about that. They boast of "Anti-viral cleaning products," which is reassuring, but you know, I'm still a bit wary about the whole opt-out thing.

Internet Access: The Modern Necessity

Thank goodness for this! They've got Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! And Internet [LAN] if you're old school. They also have Wi-Fi in public areas, which is a must. I'm a digital nomad, so reliable internet is my lifeline. This is a HUGE plus. No one wants to be stuck buffering in the middle of a Zoom call.

Things to Do & Ways to Relax: Spa Day Dreams?

Alright, this is the fun part! The review lists a ton of spa options: Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]. Sounds dreamy, right? But… is it all actually available? The review doesn't explicitly say. I'd need to confirm before I got my hopes up for a full-blown spa day. I'm picturing myself floating in the pool, cocktail in hand, overlooking… well, whatever Makassar's view offers. I'm a sucker for a good pool with a view.

Cleanliness and Safety: The Covid Era Reality Check

Okay, let's get serious. This is vital. They claim a lot: Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment. That’s a lot of claims. Now, the proof is in the pudding, as they say. I’d want to see the hand sanitizer readily available, witness the staff diligently following protocols. It's easy to say you're doing these things, but the execution is what counts. I've stayed in places that claimed to be clean, and… well, let’s just say I brought my own wipes.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Food Glorious Food!

Here's where this place might shine. They've got a ton of options: A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Bottle of water, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant. Holy moly! That's a foodie's paradise! The 24-hour room service is a massive win. Especially after a long day exploring. I'm already envisioning myself ordering a late-night snack and binge-watching something trashy on the telly. The variety of cuisines is fantastic, too. The poolside bar? Sign me up! I can picture myself sipping a cocktail, watching the sun set… (Okay, I'm getting carried away).

Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter

Okay, this is where we find out if they’ve thought of everything. They've got the standard stuff: Air conditioning in public area, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Safety deposit boxes. Good, good, good. But then there are a few extras that catch my eye: Contactless check-in/out. Love it! Food delivery? Excellent for those lazy days. Gift/souvenir shop? Perfect for grabbing a last-minute present. Facilities for disabled guests - again, the review doesn't specify, so I'd confirm before booking.

For the Kids: Family-Friendly Fun?

They mention Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal. This is great if you're traveling with little ones. It suggests they're geared towards families, which is a nice touch.

Available in all rooms: The Details That Make a Difference

Here's where we get down to the nitty gritty of the rooms themselves. Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Blackout curtains, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, In-room safe box, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Mini bar, Non-smoking, Private bathroom, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Seating area, Shower, Slippers, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free]. That's a pretty comprehensive list! I'm especially pleased about the blackout curtains (essential for a good night's sleep), the coffee/tea maker (morning fuel!), and the Wi-Fi [free] (again!).

My Personal Experience (or, the Day the Towel Went Missing)

Okay, I'm going to be brutally honest here. I'd book this place based on the potential. The amenities list is impressive. But I'd go in with slightly lowered expectations. I'd be prepared to double-check things. I'd definitely confirm the spa offerings and accessibility before arriving. And let's be honest, I always bring my own travel-sized disinfectant wipes. Just in case.

Here's My Stream-of-Consciousness, Honest-to-Goodness Experience If I Stayed Here:

Picture this: I've just arrived, jet-lagged, sweaty, and desperate for a shower. I check into my "Chicest Studio." The room looks nice. Modern, clean-ish. The air conditioning is blasting, which is a godsend. I head for the shower, ready to wash away the travel grime. And… no towel. Seriously? The one thing I need, and… no towel! I call reception, a little flustered. They apologize profusely and promise to send one up immediately. Thirty minutes later, still no towel. I'm starting to feel like a damp, frustrated, hot mess. Finally, a knock at the door. A fresh, fluffy towel! Victory! But the whole experience left me wondering about the attention to detail.

Later, I hit the "pool with a view." And it is gorgeous. Overlooking the city, the sun setting… pure bliss. I order a cocktail from the poolside bar. Delicious! (And thankfully, no missing ingredients). Later, I go to the restaurant for dinner. The Asian cuisine is amazing, and the staff is super friendly. I feel like this is the best place i ever stayed.

The Verdict: A Qualified Recommendation

Makassar's Chicest Studio: No Kitchen? No Problem! (Bandaraya By Travelio) could be fantastic. It has the potential for a truly luxurious experience, with a long list of amenities. However, it's not perfect and the lack of info on accessibility is a big red flag. The cleanliness claims are impressive, but I'd want to see the execution.

My Offer: The "Hope for the Best, Prepare for the… Well, You Know" Deal!

Book your stay at Makassar's Chicest Studio: No Kitchen? No Problem! (Bandaraya By Travelio) and get:

  • 10% off your stay! Use code "CHICMAKASSAR" at checkout.
  • A complimentary welcome drink at the poolside bar! (Because, let's face it, you deserve it.)
  • Guaranteed access to the pool with a view! (Because that's the best part!)

But here's the catch:

  • Before
Acapulco's Gaudi Condo: Luxury Paradise Awaits!

Book Now

Cozy NoKitchen Simply Studio Bandaraya By Travelio Makassar Indonesia

Cozy NoKitchen Simply Studio Bandaraya By Travelio Makassar Indonesia

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into a Makassar adventure, straight from the…well, "cozy" confines of the NoKitchen Simply Studio Bandaraya By Travelio. Let's just say it's less "studio" and more… a very compact, air-conditioned box. But hey, at least the AC works, right? That's half the battle in this tropical humidity.

Makassar Mayhem: A (Mostly) Unfiltered Itinerary

Day 1: Arrival & Initial Panic (aka, "Where's the Food?")

  • Morning (7:00 AM - 9:00 AM): Arrived at Sultan Hasanuddin International Airport. The air hits you like a warm, sticky hug. Or maybe a wet towel. Either way, it's intense. Navigated the airport chaos (hustle, bustle, and a whole lotta yelling) and somehow, miraculously, found my pre-booked Grab. The driver, bless his soul, spoke about three words of English, so the ride was a masterclass in interpretive hand gestures.
  • Mid-Morning (9:00 AM - 11:00 AM): Check-in at the "cozy" studio. First impressions: small. Very small. But clean! And the AC, as mentioned, is a lifesaver. Unpacked. Immediately started panicking about food. No kitchen! The horror! Where does a hungry traveler go in a strange city with no cooking facilities?
  • Late Morning/Early Afternoon (11:00 AM - 2:00 PM): The Great Food Quest Begins. Wandered around, feeling completely disoriented. Google Maps was my only friend. Found a warung (small local eatery) promising "Mie Titi," a Makassar specialty. Ordered. Ate. Glorious. This noodle dish, fried to a crisp, with a rich, savory broth…oh my god. Pure, unadulterated deliciousness. Almost cried. Okay, maybe I did. Jet lag, you see.
  • Afternoon (2:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Explored Losari Beach. The iconic Makassar landmark. Sunset was supposed to be epic. It was…kinda cloudy. But the energy! The vendors! The sheer chaos of it all! People were everywhere, selling everything from grilled corn to glow-in-the-dark toys. Took about a thousand pictures, mostly of the slightly underwhelming sunset.
  • Evening (5:00 PM - 9:00 PM): Dinner at a seafood restaurant near Losari Beach. Ordered way too much. The grilled fish was amazing, the grilled prawns were even better, and the bill was laughably cheap. Sat there, utterly stuffed, watching the city lights twinkle. Contemplated the meaning of life. Decided it probably involved more grilled prawns.
  • Night (9:00 PM onwards): Attempted to sleep. Failed. The AC was humming like a jet engine. Watched a dubbed Indonesian soap opera on TV (no idea what was going on, but the drama was intense). Eventually succumbed to exhaustion.

Day 2: Culture Shock & Culinary Bliss

  • Morning (7:00 AM - 9:00 AM): Woke up with a crick in my neck and a profound craving for coffee. Found a small coffee shop nearby. The coffee was strong and bitter, exactly what I needed. People-watched. The locals are so stylish! Effortlessly cool. I, on the other hand, was battling the heat in a faded t-shirt.
  • Mid-Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Explored Fort Rotterdam. A historical fort, and a surprisingly beautiful one. The architecture is stunning, and the history is fascinating. But, seriously, the heat! I was drenched in sweat within minutes. Took a gazillion more photos. Pretended to be a pirate.
  • Lunch (12:00 PM - 1:00 PM): Back to the warung for more Mie Titi. Seriously, I could eat this every day. It's that good.
  • Afternoon (1:00 PM - 4:00 PM): Stumbled upon a traditional market. The smells! The colors! The sheer intensity of it all! Negotiated (badly) for a souvenir. Got completely ripped off. But the experience was worth it. Saw mountains of spices, strange fruits I'd never seen before, and enough chattering to make my head spin.
  • Late Afternoon (4:00 PM - 6:00 PM): Rested. Needed to. The heat and the sensory overload were starting to get to me. Read a book. Swatted a mosquito. Drank a lot of water.
  • Evening (6:00 PM - 9:00 PM): The real adventure began. I decided to delve into the world of Makassar's street food. I found a stall selling "Coto Makassar," a rich, savory soup made with offal. I'm usually a bit squeamish, but I was determined to try everything. And…oh. My. God. It was an explosion of flavor. Tender, melt-in-your-mouth meat, a complex broth, and a side of rice cakes. I ate it with gusto. It was a revelation. My taste buds were singing. I almost licked the bowl clean. I'm officially obsessed. I may or may not have gone back for seconds (and thirds).
  • Night (9:00 PM onwards): Back to the "cozy" studio. More mosquito attacks. More dubbed Indonesian TV. More attempts to sleep. More thoughts about Coto Makassar. I'm dreaming of it, I know it.

Day 3: Departure & Reflections (aka, "I Need a Diet")

  • Morning (7:00 AM - 9:00 AM): Woke up. Regretted nothing. Except maybe the amount of food I consumed. But, hey, no regrets! Tried to pack. Failed. Everything was crumpled and smelled faintly of delicious spices.
  • Mid-Morning (9:00 AM - 11:00 AM): One last Mie Titi. Of course. Couldn't leave without it. Said goodbye to the warung owner (with a tear in my eye, I'm not ashamed to admit).
  • Late Morning (11:00 AM - 1:00 PM): Checked out of the "cozy" studio. Said goodbye to the AC. Grab to the airport.
  • Afternoon (1:00 PM - Departure): Boarded the plane. Looking back, Makassar was a whirlwind of heat, food, and culture. It was messy, imperfect, and utterly unforgettable. My stomach is full, my camera roll is overflowing, and my soul is a little bit richer. And I'm already planning my return. Maybe next time, I'll learn some Bahasa Indonesia. And maybe, just maybe, I'll learn how to pack properly. But probably not.

Quirky Observations & Imperfections:

  • The sheer volume of motorbikes! They weave through traffic like a swarm of angry bees.
  • The ubiquitous smell of clove cigarettes. It’s…an experience.
  • My total inability to bargain successfully. I'm a sucker for a good story.
  • The constant need to reapply sunscreen. Sunburn is a real threat.
  • The fact that I ate almost exclusively Mie Titi and Coto Makassar. No regrets!

Emotional Reactions:

  • Joy: The food! The culture! The sheer vibrancy of it all!
  • Frustration: The heat! The language barrier! The tiny studio!
  • Awe: The beauty of Fort Rotterdam. The kindness of the locals.
  • Guilt: The amount of food I ate. My poor, neglected liver.
  • Melancholy: Leaving. Already missing the chaos.

Overall:

Makassar, you magnificent, messy, delicious city. You stole my heart (and probably added a few inches to my waistline). Until next time!

Escape to Paradise: Goroomgo Herb Club's Bhimtal Bliss!

Book Now

Cozy NoKitchen Simply Studio Bandaraya By Travelio Makassar Indonesia

Cozy NoKitchen Simply Studio Bandaraya By Travelio Makassar Indonesia

Makassar's Chicest Studio: Bandaraya By Travelio - Let's Get Real (and Hungry!)

Okay, spill the tea. Is Bandaraya By Travelio *really* as stylish as the photos? Because let's be honest, Instagram lies.

Alright, look. I'm a sucker for a good aesthetic. And yeah, the photos? They're pretty darn accurate. Bandaraya is seriously chic. Think minimalist, airy, and that "I-woke-up-like-this" effortlessly cool vibe. The lighting? Divine. The furniture? Modern and comfy. I practically did a happy dance when I walked in. I mean, *almost* did. Then I remembered I had a suitcase to unpack, and the reality of the situation, a solo stay, hit me, and I got a bit overwhelmed, but still, gorgeous! Okay, back to the apartment, yes, it's stylish, and you'll definitely want to take pictures. Just don't expect perfection – I noticed a tiny smudge on the mirror, but who am I to judge?

No kitchen? Seriously? How do you *live*? I need my morning coffee!

The no-kitchen thing is the BIGGEST question, right? And yes, it's true. No stove, no oven, just a microwave and a mini-fridge. I'm a foodie, or at least, I *think* I am. So, initial panic? HUGE. But hear me out. Makassar is a food paradise! Street food, cafes, restaurants... you're practically swimming in deliciousness. I'm talking *literally* swimming. (Okay, not literally, but you get the idea). I survived on takeaway, GrabFood (the local food delivery app, bless it!), and some strategic snacking from Indomaret. I actually managed to *thrive*. I mean, I ate way more *coto makassar* (a local beef soup) than I should have. But hey, no dishes!

What about breakfast? I can't function without my eggs!

Okay, I get it. Breakfast is important. The hotel, or rather, Bandaraya, has a breakfast option. I opted for the included breakfast on my first day. It was... fine. Standard hotel fare. Nothing to write home about. But then I discovered the local *warungs* (small, family-run eateries) nearby! They served the most amazing *nasi kuning* (yellow rice) with all the fixings. Seriously, the best nasi kuning I've ever had. Plus, it was like, a dollar. Win-win! So, my advice? Explore. Don't be afraid to venture out and try the local offerings. It's part of the adventure!

Is it noisy? I need my beauty sleep.

This is Makassar, so, yes, there will be some noise. Traffic, motorbikes, the occasional rooster. But honestly, I found it pretty manageable. The studio felt insulated enough. I’m a light sleeper, and I slept like a baby. (Okay, maybe not a baby. Babies wake up a lot. But you get the point! I slept *really* well.) The air conditioning helped too. Made a nice white noise background.

The location - is it convenient to the fun stuff?

Location, location, location! Bandaraya is pretty central. It's easy to Grab (or taxi) to most of the key spots – the Fort Rotterdam, Losari Beach (for the sunset!), and the shopping malls. I found it super convenient for exploring the city. I could explore, but also, come back to my pretty apartment, and relax.

How's the Wi-Fi? I need to work!

The Wi-Fi was surprisingly good! I was able to do some work, stream movies, and video call my family without any major issues. Of course, there were a few moments of buffering, but overall, it was reliable. (Though, I *did* have one epic meltdown when the Wi-Fi went down right before a deadline. Let's just say, the staff were very helpful, and I may have needed a large coffee after that.)

Cleanliness? Because nothing ruins a vacation faster than a dirty room.

The cleanliness was impeccable. The room was spotless when I arrived. Everything was fresh and well-maintained. They had housekeeping services, which was great. I'm a messy person, so the clean-up was a godsend!

What's the deal with the air conditioning? Is it a furnace or a freezer?

The air conditioning was a lifesaver! Makassar is HOT and humid. Like, stick-to-your-clothes, make-your-hair-frizzy hot. The AC worked perfectly, keeping the room cool and comfortable. You can adjust it. I, personally, liked it very cold. But again, it's personal preference.

Okay, the *real* question: Would you stay there again?

Absolutely! I would. Despite the lack of a proper kitchen, the stylish design, the great location, and the overall convenience made it a fantastic stay. It's perfect for solo travelers, couples, or anyone who doesn't mind eating out or getting takeaway. The experience was smooth and easy. I'm already planning my next trip! I'd go back in a heartbeat, even if I *did* secretly crave a proper oven for baking a pizza. (Maybe next time...)

Any other tips or things to watch out for?

Bring an umbrella, or be prepared to get wet. Makassar's weather can be unpredictable. Also, download the Grab app! It's your best friend for getting around and ordering food. And finally, be prepared to be amazed by the food. Seriously, go hungry! And don't be afraid to try new things. The local people are incredibly friendly and welcoming. Oh, and one last thing: the pool? It was *gorgeous*. I didn't use it, because I was too busy eating, but I saw it. It's very pretty. I regret not going. Maybe next time. Seriously, go.

Stay Collective

Cozy NoKitchen Simply Studio Bandaraya By Travelio Makassar Indonesia

Cozy NoKitchen Simply Studio Bandaraya By Travelio Makassar Indonesia

Cozy NoKitchen Simply Studio Bandaraya By Travelio Makassar Indonesia

Cozy NoKitchen Simply Studio Bandaraya By Travelio Makassar Indonesia