
Escape to Paradise: Alas Resort & Spa Elea (Molai), Greece - Your Dream Vacation Awaits!
Escape to Paradise: Alas Resort & Spa Elea (Molai), Greece - Your Dream Vacation Awaits! (Or Does It?) - A Brutally Honest Review
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to spill the (Greek) beans on Alas Resort & Spa Elea. Forget the glossy brochures and the airbrushed Instagram pics. This is the real deal, warts and all. I just got back, and my brain is still swimming in ouzo and sun-drenched memories. So, here's the lowdown, a messy, honest, and hopefully helpful review to help you decide if your dream vacation awaits here.
First Impressions: The Good, the Bad, and the Oh My God, That's Gorgeous:
Okay, let's be real. The moment you pull up, you’re hit with it: the view. Seriously. The pool with a view is legendary. Picture this: sparkling turquoise water merging seamlessly with the Aegean Sea. You're sipping a cocktail (more on that later) and just… breathing. That part? Absolutely heavenly. Pure, unadulterated bliss. The exterior? Chic, clean lines. The exterior corridor is well-maintained. The car park [free of charge] is a welcome perk.
But, and there’s always a but, right? The initial check-in was… well, let's just say it wasn’t the streamlined, contactless check-in/out experience they advertised. It was a bit of a fumble, involving multiple staff members and a slight language barrier. (My Greek is… non-existent. Their English, while good, wasn't always perfect.) Thankfully, the front desk [24-hour] staff eventually got things sorted, and with a smile, bless 'em. The elevator was a godsend, especially after a few too many gyros.
Accessibility: Navigating Paradise (with a Wheelchair?):
This is where things get a little… complicated. While the resort does boast facilities for disabled guests, and the website claims wheelchair accessible features, I didn’t personally assess this aspect. I did notice a few ramps and wider doorways, but I'd strongly recommend contacting the resort directly and asking specific questions about room accessibility, pool access (important!), and navigating the restaurants and common areas. Don't rely on the brochure; get the nitty-gritty details beforehand.
The Room: My Sanctuary (Mostly):
My room? Ah, my little haven. It was a non-smoking room (thank heavens!), and thankfully, the soundproofing was top-notch. I'm a light sleeper, so that was crucial. The blackout curtains were a lifesaver, and the air conditioning (thank you, gods of HVAC!) worked like a charm.
The bed? Divine. Extra long bed, perfect for sprawling out after a day of sun. The linens were crisp and clean, and the bathrobes were fluffy and luxurious.
The bathroom? Clean, with a separate shower/bathtub. The toiletries were decent, but I'm a bit of a product snob, so I brought my own. The hair dryer worked, although it wasn't the most powerful. Complimentary tea and free bottled water were welcome additions. The in-room safe box was a must-have for peace of mind. The mirror was strategically placed for optimal selfie opportunities (you know you want to!).
Internet: Wi-Fi Woes (and a Little Triumph):
Okay, the Internet access – wireless (and free!) was a mixed bag. The Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! promise was, let's say, optimistic. The signal was spotty at times, especially in my room. But! Internet access – LAN was available, which was a godsend when I needed to upload photos (because, you know, #travelgram). Wi-Fi in public areas was generally better.
Things to Do: Relaxation, Relaxation, and… More Relaxation:
This is where Alas really shines. Seriously, if you’re looking to unwind, this is your spot.
- The Spa: Oh, the spa. I spent a solid afternoon getting pampered. The massage was incredible. The sauna was hot and steamy. The steamroom? Pure bliss. I even indulged in a body scrub and a body wrap. My skin felt like a baby’s bottom afterward. (Okay, maybe not that smooth, but close!)
- The Pool: As mentioned, the swimming pool [outdoor] is the star. The pool with view is pure magic. Spent hours there. Days. I think I practically became one with the pool.
- Gym/fitness: I saw the Fitness center and the Gym/fitness. Didn't use it (see above: pool). But it looked well-equipped.
- Ways to Relax: I can vouch for the effectiveness of the pool, the spa, and copious amounts of Greek wine. Mission accomplished.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Culinary Adventure (with a Few Hiccups):
Alright, let's talk food. The restaurants are varied, with restaurants offering a mix of International cuisine in restaurant and some delicious Asian cuisine in restaurant. The breakfast [buffet] was a highlight. Seriously, the spread was impressive: fresh fruit, pastries, eggs cooked to order, the works. Western breakfast and Asian breakfast were both available.
The poolside bar was my happy place. Happy hour was a must. The cocktails were strong (thankfully!), and the atmosphere was relaxed. The bottle of water was a constant companion. The coffee/tea in restaurant was decent, but I preferred the coffee shop.
Some minor quibbles: The a la carte in restaurant options were a bit limited at times, and the service in one of the restaurants was a little slow. The snack bar was convenient for a quick bite. I didn't try the soup in restaurant or the salad in restaurant, but they looked tempting. There was even a vegetarian restaurant!
Cleanliness and Safety: Feeling Safe (Mostly):
The resort took Covid-19 precautions seriously. The staff were clearly trained in staff trained in safety protocol. I saw Daily disinfection in common areas and Professional-grade sanitizing services. They provided Hand sanitizer everywhere. It felt generally safe.
Services and Conveniences: The Little Extras:
- Daily housekeeping was excellent. My room was always spotless.
- Concierge service was helpful, although sometimes a bit stretched thin.
- Laundry service was available, which was a lifesaver.
- Luggage storage was convenient.
- The car park [on-site] was free and easy to use.
For the Kids: Family-Friendly Fun?
I didn’t travel with kids, but I did notice some Kids facilities and a Babysitting service listed. It seemed like a family-friendly place.
Getting Around: Easy Peasy (mostly):
Airport transfer was available, which was a huge relief. Taxi service was easy to arrange.
The Deal: Your Escape to Paradise Awaits (with a Discount!)
Okay, here’s the pitch. You’ve read the good, the bad, and the slightly-off-kilter. You know what to expect. And now, you know you deserve a break.
Here’s my offer:
Book your stay at Alas Resort & Spa Elea before [Date - give a deadline!] and get [Discount or Incentive, e.g., 15% off your stay, a free spa treatment, a complimentary bottle of wine on arrival, or a free upgrade].
Why book now?
- That View: Seriously, you need to see it to believe it. It’s the kind of view that makes you forget all your troubles.
- Unwind & Recharge: The spa, the pool, the sun… it’s all designed to melt away your stress.
- Greek Goodness: Indulge in delicious food, refreshing drinks, and the laid-back Greek lifestyle.
- Safety First: They're taking your health and well-being seriously.
- The Memories: You'll create memories that will last a lifetime.
But be warned: This isn't a perfect resort. It's got its quirks. But for the price, the view, and the overall experience of relaxation, it's a solid choice.
So, what are you waiting for? Book your escape to paradise today! Click here [Link to Booking] and use code [Discount Code] at checkout.
P.S. Don't forget to pack your swimsuit, your sunscreen, and your sense of adventure. And maybe a phrasebook – Greek lessons are optional, but fun!
Escape to Bohemian Paradise: Luxurious Penzion U Trebonskeho Kola, Trebon
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your perfectly polished, Instagram-ready itinerary. This is a REAL account of my potential disaster/delight at Alas Resort & Spa Elea in Molai, Greece. Wish me luck, I'm gonna need it.
Day 1: Arrival - AKA The Great Olive Oil Debacle (and My Existential Crisis in the Lobby)
Morning (or what felt like morning after a red-eye from… well, let’s just say a place far, far away that involved questionable airplane food): Arrive at Kalamata Airport. Okay, first impressions? HOT. Like, "melt-your-face-off-before-you-even-see-the-sea" hot. Find the pre-booked transfer (thank God! I’m already sweating and my brain is mush). The driver, a man named Dimitri who looks like he’s seen it all (and probably has), drives us to the resort.
- Anecdote: The drive was… scenic. Rolling hills, olive groves stretching as far as the eye can see. Dimitri, bless his heart, kept trying to tell me about the olive oil, but my brain was still mostly processing the concept of "not-being-in-a-metal-tube-hurtling-through-the-sky." I think I just nodded a lot and mumbled about "the magic of olives." I'm sure he thought I was a complete idiot.
Afternoon: Check-in at Alas Resort. The lobby is… stunning. Seriously, marble floors, that glorious Mediterranean light pouring in. I almost feel like I can breathe. Almost. Then, the paperwork. Oh, the paperwork. And the "welcome drink" that tasted suspiciously like watered-down orange juice. My inner monologue: “Is this paradise? Or just a really fancy waiting room for a bureaucratic nightmare?”
- Quirky Observation: The receptionist, a woman with impossibly perfect eyebrows and a smile that could curdle milk, kept calling me "madam." I'm pretty sure I look more like a rumpled, travel-worn… thing. Anyway, I'm pretty sure she's secretly judging my luggage (a suspiciously large duffel bag that I swear is shrinking every year).
Late Afternoon: Finally in the room! Glorious! The balcony… the view… breathtaking. I promptly spill half a glass of water on the floor, nearly trip over the suitcase, and realize I have no idea how to operate the air conditioning. And then, the olive oil. There's a bottle of local olive oil (thank you, Dimitri!) and some crusty bread, but I'm so tired that I knock the bottle over, and it shatters. Glass, oil, and a good chunk of my sanity are all over the floor. I burst into tears.
- Emotional Reaction: Okay, maybe a little dramatic, but I was exhausted! And the olive oil… I mean, it was probably the good stuff! I spent the next hour cleaning up, feeling like a complete failure. Seriously, is this a sign of things to come?
Evening: Dinner at the resort restaurant. Food is… fine. The view, however, is spectacular. The sunset paints the sky in hues of orange and pink. I manage to eat without spilling anything (a small victory!). I decide to embrace the chaos and order a second glass of wine.
- Opinionated Language: The food could be better, but who cares when you're staring at THAT sunset? This view alone is worth the trip. This is what I came for. This is the beauty that makes all the clumsiness and chaos worthwhile.
Day 2: Beach Bliss (and a Near-Death Experience Involving a Sea Urchin)
Morning: Breakfast. The buffet is… overwhelming. So. Many. Choices. I go for the feta cheese, the olives (yes, I still love them despite the olive oil incident!), and a strong coffee. Fuel is necessary.
Late Morning: Head to the beach! The water is crystal clear, the sand is soft… pure bliss. I find a sunbed and settle in, ready for a day of relaxation.
- Anecdote: I tried to be "that person" who elegantly enters the water. You know, the one who glides in without a splash? Yeah, that didn't happen. I tripped over a rogue wave and face-planted. Dignity? Gone.
Afternoon: Snorkeling. This is where things get interesting. I put on my snorkel gear, wade into the water… and then step on a sea urchin.
- Emotional Reaction/Messy Structure: OW! Okay, so this HURT. Like, "scream-at-the-top-of-your-lungs-and-flail-around-in-the-water" hurt. I managed to get back to the shore (with the help of a very kind stranger, who was probably regretting their decision to come to my aid), and spent the next hour getting tiny, spiky needles removed from my foot. This is the Greece I was not expecting!
Late Afternoon: Back to the sunbed. I’m still in a bit of shock. I manage to read a few chapters of my book, but my mind keeps drifting back to the sea urchin incident. I need a nap, and a very, very strong drink.
- Opinionated Language: Sea urchins: the bane of my existence. Seriously, if you're going to Greece, watch out for those spiky little devils! And maybe bring some good medical supplies.
Evening: Dinner at a taverna in a nearby village. The food is incredible! Fresh seafood, grilled to perfection. The wine is flowing. I finally feel like I’m starting to relax.
- Quirky Observation: The taverna owner, a gruff but lovable man with a handlebar mustache, kept trying to teach me Greek phrases. I think I managed to learn "thank you" and "I'm full." Success!
Day 3: Exploring (and the Great Lost Camera Quest)
Morning: Rent a car (gulp). Driving in Greece is… an experience. Let's just say, I’m glad I have a strong insurance policy.
Late Morning: Drive to a local olive mill. Learn about the olive oil process (yay, Dimitri!). I actually find it fascinating this time. I even buy a bottle (carefully!).
- Anecdote: The tour guide, a charming woman with a twinkle in her eye, told me about the history of olive oil in the region. She also told me that my clumsy olive oil incident was “common” and assured me that I was not the first, nor the last to spill olive oil. It was oddly comforting.
Afternoon: Visit a nearby ancient ruin. The history is incredible, the views are breathtaking. I take a LOT of pictures.
- Emotional Reaction/Messy Structure: Wait… where’s my camera? PANIC! I retrace my steps, frantically searching. Did I leave it at the olive mill? Did I drop it at the ruins? My heart is pounding. I’m convinced I’ve lost it forever. This is a disaster.
Late Afternoon: Back at the resort. I’m about to give up when I remember… the car! I rush back to the car, praying. And there it is! Under the seat! Relief washes over me.
- Opinionated Language: Never, ever, EVER leave your camera unattended! The stress of that lost-camera incident almost broke me.
Evening: Dinner at the resort again. I savor every bite, every moment. I’m grateful, even for the small things.
Day 4: Spa Day (and the Epiphany of Relaxation)
Morning: Sleep in! I need it. The sea urchin, the car, the lost camera… it’s been a lot.
Late Morning: Spa day! Massage, facial… pure bliss. The masseuse, a woman named Eleni, works miracles. I feel like a new person.
- Doubling Down on a Single Experience: The massage was the highlight of the trip. The pressure, the scent of the essential oils, the utter silence… it was pure, unadulterated relaxation. For the first time since arriving, I actually feel like I’m on vacation.
Afternoon: Lounge by the pool. Read my book. Sip on a cocktail. Do absolutely nothing.
- Opinionated Language: This is what it’s all about. This is what I needed. Pure, unadulterated, glorious nothingness.
Evening: Farewell dinner. I watch the sunset, feeling a sense of peace. Despite the chaos, the mishaps, the sea urchin… I’ve fallen in love with Greece.
- Emotional Reaction: I’m sad to leave, but also grateful for the experience. This trip wasn’t perfect, but it was real. It was messy, it was funny, it was emotional. And I wouldn't trade it for a perfectly curated Instagram feed.
Day 5: Departure - Back to the Real World (and the Dream of Greek Olives)
- Morning: Pack. Say goodbye to the view. Check out.
- **After

Escape to Paradise: Alas Resort & Spa Elea (Molai), Greece - Your Dream Vacation Awaits! (Or Does It?) - A Messy FAQ
So, is this place *actually* paradise? Because, you know, marketing…
Okay, okay, let's be real. "Paradise" is a loaded word, right? Like, does it have fluffy clouds, harp music, and unlimited baklava? Probably not. Alas Resort & Spa Elea... it's close though. Think sun-drenched beaches, crystal-clear water, and enough olive oil to lubricate a small army.
The marketing photos? Yeah, they're good. REALLY good. But the reality? Well, it’s a bit more… textured. The water *is* that blue, but you might have to share it with a family of boisterous kids. The sunsets *are* Instagram-worthy, but you might be battling mosquitos for prime viewing real estate. Still, I give it a solid 8.5/10 on the paradise scale. Would go again. Just pack the DEET.
What's the food situation like? (Because, honestly, that's *crucial*.)
Alright, food. My people. Listen up. The main restaurant? Buffet style. And, let me tell you, I'm not the biggest fan of buffets, generally. They can be like a culinary free-for-all, a battleground of hungry tourists and… well, let's just say sometimes the food suffers.
BUT! At Alas, the buffet was surprisingly decent. Fresh salads, grilled meats, the usual suspects, but everything was fresh and there was a good variety. The Greek salads? Amazing. So much feta. SO. MUCH. FETA. I may have eaten my weight in it. And the pastries? Dear Lord. Just… glorious. (Okay, I *might* have gained a few pounds. Worth it.) There are also a couple of a la carte restaurants too. The one on the beach? Romantic, delicious, and a bit more expensive. But, hey, you're on vacation! Splurge a little! Just… maybe don’t go overboard on the ouzo if you're planning a romantic stroll later. Trust me on that one. (My wife still hasn't forgiven me for that. It involved a particularly dramatic tumble into a bush.)
Are the rooms nice? 'Cause I'm not about that "motel chic" life.
The rooms? They're… good. Clean, spacious, and the balconies are a definite plus. We had a sea view, which was absolutely stunning. Waking up to that every morning? Pure bliss. (Well, pure bliss after I'd managed to pry myself out of bed, which sometimes took a while, let's be honest.)
The decor is modern, maybe a little… generic? Not exactly bursting with character, but perfectly functional. And the air conditioning? A lifesaver. Seriously. Greece in summer gets HOT. Like, "melt your brain cells" hot. So, yeah, the AC was a godsend. The bathroom was also decent, good water pressure, which is a major win in my book. No complaints, really. Just… maybe bring a few extra hooks for your towels. Small detail, but hey, it's the little things, right?
Tell me about the beach! Is it crowded? Is the sand actually sand?
The beach. Okay, *now* we're talking. This is where Alas really shines. The sand is golden, soft, and… well, it’s sand! Not pebbles, not rocks, actual, glorious sand. The water is crystal clear, perfect for swimming, snorkeling, or just floating around like a lazy starfish.
Crowds? Yeah, there were people, especially during peak season. But it never felt overwhelmingly packed. There are plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas, and the staff are pretty good at keeping things tidy. The only downside? Kids. (Sorry, kids. I love you, but sometimes you’re loud.) They can be a bit… enthusiastic about their splashing. But hey, that’s life, right? Just find a spot a little further down the beach, put on some noise-canceling headphones, and enjoy the view. Seriously, the view is incredible. The water. The sun. The… well, just go see for yourself!
What about the spa? Worth it or a tourist trap?
The spa. Ah, the spa. I’m a man of simple pleasures: food, sunshine, and a good massage. The spa at Alas? Worth it. Definitely worth it. I went for a full body massage, and it was… heavenly. The masseuse was amazing, worked out all the knots, and I walked out feeling like a new person. (My wife said I was “glowing.” I’m not sure what that means, but I liked it.)
The facilities are nice, too. Sauna, steam room, the works. It's a good way to unwind after a day of sunbathing and swimming. Yes, it's a bit pricey, but hey, you're on vacation! Treat yourself! Just… book your appointment in advance. They get busy. And maybe tip generously. They deserve it. (And who knows, maybe you'll get an extra five minutes of bliss. Worth it.)
Is there anything to do outside of the resort? Or am I stuck with the pool and the beach? (Not that that's a bad thing...)
Okay, so, the resort is pretty self-contained, which is great if you just want to relax and do nothing. But if you're feeling adventurous, there are things to do! Molai itself is a small town, but it’s got a few shops and tavernas. You can rent a car and explore the surrounding area. There are some beautiful villages and beaches nearby.
We took a day trip to Monemvasia. That was amazing! It's a medieval fortress town built on a rock island. Absolutely stunning. Winding streets, ancient buildings, the views… breathtaking. Just be prepared for a lot of walking (and climbing!). And maybe pack some comfortable shoes. My poor feet… (Okay, I'm exaggerating slightly. But it's a hike.) It's a bit of a drive, but totally worth it. Otherwise, there are boat trips, watersports, and all sorts of things. Or, you know, you could just stay by the pool. No judgment here. Sometimes doing nothing is the best thing of all.

