
Amsterdam Schiphol: Your Ultimate Airport Guide (NH Hotels Inside!)
Amsterdam Schiphol: Your Ultimate Airport Guide (NH Hotels Inside!) - A Chaotic, Honest Review
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into Amsterdam Schiphol Airport and the NH Hotels nestled inside it. Forget those sterile, textbook reviews – this is the real deal, the messy, glorious, sometimes-frustrating experience of navigating one of Europe's busiest hubs. And hey, I'm not gonna lie, after a week of travel, I was REALLY looking forward to a comfy bed and a decent shower. Let's get this show on the road!
Accessibility: The Good, The Bad, and the Dutch Bicycle-Friendly (Sort Of)
Alright, accessibility. I'm going to be brutally honest, and I am not a person with disabilities, but I can still observe. Amsterdam is generally pretty good. The airport itself is surprisingly spacious and well-laid out. I noticed plenty of elevators and ramps, and the signage seems pretty clear. However, the sheer size of Schiphol can be overwhelming, especially if you're on foot. The "moving walkways" are your friend!
Wheelchair Accessible: From what I saw, yes! But again, a personal observation, not an expert opinion.
Getting Around: Airport Transfer, Car Park, and the Perils of the Pavement
Right, getting to the hotel. Thank goodness for the Airport Transfer. It was a lifesaver, especially after a red-eye flight. Car park [free of charge]? Awesome if you’re driving. Be warned though, Dutch cycle paths are… well, they're everywhere. And Dutch cyclists are serious. Navigate with caution, friends! There’s also Car park [on-site] if you're willing to pay and Taxi service, of course.
Rooms: Your Sanctuary (Hopefully, Depending on Your Luck)
Now, the rooms. Available in all rooms: Air conditioning, alarm clock, bathrobes, bathroom phone, bathtub, blackout curtains (thank GOD for those!), carpeting, closet, coffee/tea maker, complimentary tea, daily housekeeping, desk, extra-long bed, free bottled water (always a win!), hair dryer, high floor (if you're lucky!), in-room safe box, internet access – LAN, internet access – wireless, ironing facilities, laptop workspace, linens, mini bar (tempting!), mirror, non-smoking, on-demand movies, private bathroom, reading light, refrigerator, safety/security feature, satellite/cable channels, scale (because let’s face it, we all weigh ourselves after a trip!), seating area, separate shower/bathtub, shower, slippers, smoke detector, socket near the bed, sofa, soundproofing, telephone, toiletries, towels, umbrella, visual alarm, wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], and a window that opens. Phew! That's a lot.
My Personal Room Rant (and Triumph)
My room was… okay. The bed was comfy, which was the main thing. Soundproofing was pretty good, which is crucial in an airport hotel. I did have to call reception for more coffee pods, but that's a minor quibble. The blackout curtains saved my sanity after a long flight. And the Wi-Fi [free]? Solid. No buffering during my Netflix binge. But, and this is a big BUT, the view? Overlooking a loading dock. Glamorous, right? Still, a comfy bed and a hot shower after a long day of travel? Absolute heaven.
Cleanliness and Safety: The Sanitizing Symphony
Okay, let’s talk about the germaphobe's paradise. The Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer everywhere, and Rooms sanitized between stays really put my mind at ease. They've got Hygiene certification and the staff are trained in safety protocol. They even had Individually-wrapped food options! Seriously, this place is practically sterile. They also have Physical distancing of at least 1 meter and Safe dining setup. This is the kind of place where you know they're taking things seriously.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Fueling Up for Adventure (or Just Surviving a Layover)
So, the food. Breakfast [buffet] is a must. They have a pretty decent spread, including Asian breakfast options. The Coffee shop is a lifesaver. The Bar is a great place to unwind after a long day of travel. They also have Restaurants with A la carte in restaurant, Buffet in restaurant and Asian cuisine in restaurant. I sampled some Desserts in restaurant and they were pretty good. The Poolside bar is a nice touch (if you can find time to relax by the pool!). And of course, there's Room service [24-hour], which is perfect for those late-night cravings.
My Breakfast Blunder (and Redemption)
I went for the Breakfast [buffet] and… let’s just say, my eyes were bigger than my stomach. I piled my plate high with pastries, eggs, and bacon, only to realize I was about to miss my flight! I ended up wolfing down the last of my Coffee/tea in restaurant and sprinting to my gate. But hey, at least I got a decent breakfast in! (Next time, I'm setting a timer.)
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Make a Big Difference
The Concierge was incredibly helpful. The Daily housekeeping was impeccable. Dry cleaning and Laundry service are a godsend for longer stays. Luggage storage is available, which is super useful if you have a long layover. There are also Facilities for disabled guests, which is great to see.
Internet Access: Wi-Fi, LAN, and the Digital World
The Wi-Fi [free] in the rooms was a lifesaver. Solid connection, no complaints. They also offer Internet access – LAN if you’re into that.
Things to Do, Ways to Relax: From Spa Days to Poolside Bliss
Okay, this is where the NH Hotels inside Schiphol really shine. Spa/sauna is available. They have a Fitness center if you’re feeling energetic. They even have a Swimming pool [outdoor] (though I didn't have time to use it). Massage treatments are available, which is a fantastic way to unwind. I didn’t get the chance to try the Body scrub or Body wrap, but hey, next time!
My Poolside Dream (That Didn't Happen)
I dreamed of lounging by the Swimming pool [outdoor], sipping a cocktail, and forgetting all about my delayed flight. But, alas, time was short, and the pool remained a tantalizing mirage. Perhaps next trip!
For the Kids: Family-Friendly Fun
Family/child friendly is a definite yes. They have Babysitting service if you need it and Kids meal.
Security and Security: Keeping You Safe
CCTV in common areas and CCTV outside property gave me a feeling of security. They also have Front desk [24-hour], Security [24-hour], Smoke alarms, and Fire extinguisher.
In conclusion…
Look, Amsterdam Schiphol is a huge airport, and the NH Hotels inside offer a convenient and comfortable escape from the chaos. It’s not perfect (what is?), but the pros definitely outweigh the cons. The cleanliness, the comfortable beds, the convenient location… they all add up to a positive experience.
My Final, Stream-of-Consciousness Verdict:
Would I stay again? Absolutely. Despite the loading dock view and my breakfast fiasco, the convenience and comfort were worth it. The staff were friendly, the Wi-Fi was reliable, and I got a decent night's sleep. Plus, that feeling of being inside the airport, ready to catch your flight without the stress of a commute? Priceless.
Now for the Money Shot: THE OFFER!
Tired of Airport Chaos? Escape the madness with NH Hotels Inside Amsterdam Schiphol!
Here's the deal:
- Book your stay at NH Hotels inside Amsterdam Schiphol and receive a complimentary upgrade (subject to availability!)
- Enjoy a free breakfast buffet to fuel your travels (or prevent a missed flight, like me!)
- Get 20% off spa treatments to melt away travel stress.
- Plus, free Wi-Fi and access to our fitness center and pool!
Don't wait! Book your stress-free stay at NH Hotels inside Amsterdam Schiphol today! Click this link and use code "FLYHIGH" at checkout!
(Because honestly, you deserve it.)
Escape to Paradise: Adults-Only Tuscan Romance at Domus Socolatae
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's perfectly-formatted travel itinerary. This is a chaotic, glorious, possibly-slightly-disastrous journey through the heart (and duty-free shops) of NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport. Prepare for a rollercoaster, because my memory is about as reliable as a Dutch train schedule (which, let’s be honest, is saying something).
NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport: A Love Letter (and a Few Grumbles) in Chronological Order (Sort Of)
Day 1: Arrival & Initial Panic (aka "Where's the Bloody Coffee?")
- 10:00 AM (ish): Touchdown! Amsterdam, you dazzling, slightly-smelly-in-the-air (sorry, it's true) beauty. My flight was delayed, naturally. Apparently, the pilot was having a "serious chat" with a rogue pigeon on the wing. I swear, the Dutch and their pigeons… it’s a whole thing. Anyway, finally I’m off the plane, bleary-eyed and craving caffeine. My mission: find coffee. STAT.
- 10:15 AM (ish): The airport. It's… big. Like, "can-I-walk-across-it-without-dying-of-thirst" big. I'm pretty sure I saw a herd of stressed-looking businessmen stampeding towards a gate. I'd join them, but, priorities, people! Coffee first.
- 10:30 AM (ish): Found a Starbucks. Victory! But the line… oh, the line. It snaked around like a particularly determined boa constrictor. I swear, I saw one guy start knitting a scarf while waiting. I briefly considered joining him, but my patience (and caffeine levels) were already frayed.
- 11:00 AM (ish): Coffee acquired! (And a questionable croissant. I'm blaming jet lag). Okay, feeling slightly more human. Now, to find the hotel. NH Amsterdam Schiphol, here I come! (Hopefully not via the luggage carousel again. That was embarrassing.)
- 11:30 AM (ish): Hotel check-in. The lobby looked sleek and modern. A pleasant relief after the airport chaos. The staff were friendly, but my brain was still operating at about 50%. All I remember is mumbling something about a "room with a view of… something".
- 12:00 PM (ish): Room acquired! (I think). It's nice. Clean. The view? Well, it's of a parking lot. But hey, at least it's not a view of the inside of a suitcase. Small victories, people. Small victories.
- 12:30 PM (ish): Lunch at the hotel restaurant. Ordered a burger. It was… a burger. Nothing spectacular, but it filled the void. I'm starting to suspect my taste buds are also on vacation.
- 1:30 PM (ish): A nap. Oh, the sweet embrace of a nap. Jet lag is a beast, and I was its willing (and slightly drooling) victim.
Day 2: Exploring the Airport (and My Inner Self)
- 9:00 AM (ish): Breakfast at the hotel. The breakfast buffet was… impressive. So much food! I may have gone a little overboard. Don't judge me. I needed fuel for the day's adventure: exploring the airport.
- 9:30 AM (ish): Okay, I'm not gonna lie. I was a little underwhelmed by the airport. It's an airport. It's functional. It has shops. But I found myself wandering around aimlessly, feeling like a lost sheep.
- 10:00 AM (ish): Duty-free shopping. Yes, I succumbed. Perfume, chocolates, a small, ridiculously overpriced bottle of something-or-other. It’s the law, people. It's the law of being in an airport.
- 11:00 AM (ish): People-watching. Ah, the true art of the airport. I saw everything from a toddler throwing a tantrum (classic) to a couple engaged in a passionate farewell embrace (aww). Airports are windows into the human condition, aren't they?
- 12:00 PM (ish): Lunch at a cafe. A sandwich. Again. My culinary adventures are thrilling, aren't they?
- 1:00 PM (ish): The art museum. Yes, the airport has an art museum! I was pleasantly surprised. It was small, but the art was actually pretty good. A nice escape from the commercial madness.
- 2:00 PM (ish): Back to the hotel to chill. I have a flight the next day, so I decided to spend my last bit of time in the room. Nothing interesting happened.
Day 3: Departure (and Bitter Sweet Goodbye)
- 9:00 AM (ish): Breakfast at the hotel. I overdid it again. This time I had a waffle.
- 9:30 AM (ish): Check out. Quick and easy.
- 10:00 AM (ish): I went through security.
- 11:00 AM (ish): My flight was delayed, again. I spent the extra time shopping for more things.
- 12:00 PM (ish): Boarding.
- 1:00 PM (ish): Take off.
- 2:00 PM (ish): Arrived home.
Final Thoughts (aka My Rambling Conclusion)
NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport? It's… an experience. It's not the most glamorous place on Earth, but it's a necessary evil. The staff were nice. The food was edible. The coffee was essential. And in the end, it got me where I needed to go.
Would I go back? Probably. I mean, I love traveling, even if it's a bit messy. The airport is a microcosm of life, really. Chaos, beauty, stress, and the occasional overpriced chocolate bar. It's all part of the adventure.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I need a nap. And maybe a strong cup of coffee. And definitely some therapy after this trip.
Jakarta's HOTTEST Studio: Gateway Park LRT City Gem! (Travelio)
Amsterdam Schiphol: Your Ultimate (and Slightly Chaotic) Airport Guide (NH Hotels Inside!)
Okay, Amsterdam Schiphol. Where do I even *begin*? It's MASSIVE!
How early should I *really* get to the airport? I hate waiting!
What about baggage drop? Is it a nightmare?
Security! The dreaded security. Any tips to survive it?
Okay, I'm through security. What about food and drink? Is it all ridiculously overpriced?
Shopping at Schiphol… what's the deal?
What about getting to and from the airport? Is it easy?
Tell me about the NH Hotels *inside* Schiphol! Are they any good?

