
Escape to Paradise: Okinawa's LAZOR SEA RESORT Awaits!
Escape to Paradise: Okinawa's LAZOR SEA RESORT Awaits! - A Review That's Actually Real (and Maybe a Little Crazy)
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to unleash a review of LAZOR SEA RESORT in Okinawa that's less "polished travel brochure" and more "drunken chat with your best friend." We're talking messy, honest, and maybe a little obsessed with that pool.
First Impressions & the Great Wheelchair Adventure (Accessibility):
Landing in Okinawa, the humidity hits you like a warm, slightly sticky hug. And the LAZOR SEA RESORT? Well, it claims to be accessible. And you know what? They mostly deliver. There's an elevator (thank the travel gods!), ramps where you need them, and thankfully, the common areas seemed pretty navigable for my friend, who uses a wheelchair. (Accessibility, Facilities for disabled guests). But… and there’s ALWAYS a but, isn't there?
Navigating the paths around the resort itself? A bit of a mixed bag. Some areas are smooth sailing (pun intended!), others… well, let's just say you might need a sherpa and a sturdy wheelchair. This isn't a dealbreaker, but it's a reality check. (Accessibility)
Internet, Oh Glorious Internet (and the Lack of It):
Alright, so we're talking Wi-Fi. (Internet, Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!, Internet access – wireless) They say it's free, which is a win, right? And it is available in the rooms. But the signal… Let's just say I spent a good portion of my stay wandering around like a Wi-Fi zombie, searching for a decent connection. I swear, the strongest signal was in the lobby near the giant, slightly intimidating, koi pond. (Internet) I did find the LAN option but I didn't bother. (Internet [LAN])
Rooms: Clean, Comfy, and Did I Mention the View?
The rooms themselves? Generally, they're good. Clean, spacious enough, and the beds are comfy. (Air conditioning, Bathrobes, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.) The blackout curtains? Absolute lifesavers after a night of karaoke (more on that later). (Blackout curtains) The views, depending on your room, are either stunning ocean vistas or slightly less stunning (but still perfectly pleasant) garden views. (Room decorations) I was lucky enough to have the Ocean View. Seriously, I could've stared at the waves for days. (View)
The Food: A Culinary Adventure (with Some Bumps):
Let's talk food, because, let's be honest, that's a HUGE part of any vacation. The LAZOR SEA RESORT has a LOT of options. (Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Bottle of water, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant).
- Breakfast: The buffet. Oh, the buffet. (Breakfast [buffet]) It's… comprehensive. There's your standard Western fare (eggs, bacon, the usual suspects), but also a decent selection of Asian options. (Asian breakfast, Western breakfast) My advice? Go for the Japanese breakfast at least once. It was a revelation.
- Restaurants: There are several restaurants to choose from, with a range of cuisines. I tried the seafood restaurant and it was pretty spectacular. (A la carte in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant)
- Poolside Bar/Snack Bar: Perfect for a midday cocktail and a quick bite. The poolside bar is a must. (Poolside bar, Snack bar)
- Room Service: 24-hour room service is a bonus. (Room service [24-hour])
Pro Tip: Don't skip the desserts. Seriously. They're worth the extra calories. (Desserts in restaurant)
Things to Do (or, More Accurately, Ways to Relax):
This is where the LAZOR SEA RESORT really shines. If you're looking to unwind, you've come to the right place.
- The Pool (Repeat: THE POOL): Seriously, this pool is… well, it's the reason I'm writing this review. It's a gorgeous infinity pool that seems to melt into the ocean. (Swimming pool, Pool with view, Swimming pool [outdoor]) I spent hours just floating, staring at the horizon. It's pure bliss.
- Spa Time: The spa is divine. (Body scrub, Body wrap, Massage, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom) I indulged in a massage, and I felt like a new person afterward. Seriously, book one. You won't regret it.
- Fitness Center: They have a fitness center, if you're into that sort of thing. (Fitness center, Gym/fitness) I, however, was more interested in the pool.
- Foot Bath: Never tried this before, but it was great. (Foot bath)
Cleanliness and Safety: The Sanitization Station Saga
Look, in the current climate, this is HUGE. And LAZOR SEA RESORT does take it seriously. (Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment). Hand sanitizer is EVERYWHERE. (Hand sanitizer) They’ve got all the gear, from individual food packaging to visible sanitization stations. (CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Fire extinguisher, Front desk [24-hour], Non-smoking rooms, Proposal spot, Safety/security feature, Security [24-hour], Smoke alarms, Soundproof rooms)
Services and Conveniences: From Concierge to Karaoke
LAZOR SEA RESORT offers a bunch of services to make your stay smoother. (Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center). The concierge was super helpful in planning excursions. (Concierge) They even have a karaoke room! (Audio-visual equipment for special events, On-site event hosting) (And yes, I may have belted out a few questionable tunes. No regrets.)
For the Kids (and the Kid in All of Us):
If you're traveling with kids, LAZOR SEA RESORT seems pretty well-equipped. (Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal). They have a babysitting service, kids' meals, and generally, a family-friendly vibe.
Getting Around (or How to Escape the Resort):
They offer airport transfers, which is a lifesaver. (Airport transfer) There's also free parking if you're driving. (Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site])
The Quirks, the Imperfections, and the Honest Truth:
Look, LAZOR SEA RESORT isn’t perfect. There were a few minor hiccups. The Wi-Fi was spotty. The accessibility could be improved in some areas. (Accessibility) But honestly? These are minor quibbles.
The Verdict: Should You Book It?
YES. Absolutely, unequivocally YES.
If you're looking for a place to unwind, soak up some sun, and maybe, just maybe, belt out a few karaoke tunes, LAZOR SEA RESORT is a winner. The pool alone is worth the price of admission. The staff are friendly, the views are incredible, and the overall vibe is pure relaxation. It's not flawless, but it's got heart, and that's what matters.
**Final Rating
Escape to Paradise: Mar Charbel Hotel Cairo - Your Egyptian Oasis Awaits!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's itinerary. This is my trip to the Lazor Sea Resort in Okinawa, and trust me, it's gonna be a glorious mess. Prepare for some serious oversharing.
LAZOR SEA RESORT: Okinawa Main Island - A Slightly Chaotic Adventure
Day 1: Arrival and Immediate Regret (Kidding! Mostly.)
12:00 PM (ish): Landed in Naha. The air hit me like a warm, salty hug. Okinawa! Finally! Except, the luggage carousel decided my suitcase was a personal vendetta. Spent a solid 20 minutes staring, willing it to appear. Finally, found it, miraculously intact. Phew. Already sweating. This humidity is no joke.
1:30 PM: Taxi ride to the Lazor Sea Resort. The driver, bless his soul, kept chatting in rapid-fire Japanese. I understood maybe 10% of it, mostly "beautiful scenery," which, to be fair, was accurate. The turquoise water, the lush greenery… it's postcard perfect. Though, I'm pretty sure I saw a giant bug. Don't want to think about it.
2:30 PM: Check-in. The lobby is all minimalist chic, which is a little intimidating after the bug sighting. The staff are ridiculously polite. I fumbled with my terrible Japanese and managed to get my room key. Success! (Small victories, people.)
3:00 PM: Room reveal! Ocean view! Screams internally of joy. The room itself is lovely, clean, and has a balcony. I immediately flung open the doors and inhaled the sea air. This is the life.
3:30 PM: Okay, time for a swim. Headed for the pool, but the sun was a little too intense, so I dipped my toes in the kiddie pool. Decided to go to the beach.
4:00 PM: The beach. This is what I came for. The sand is white, the water is crystal clear, and I spent a good hour just staring at it. Seriously. Staring. Lost in thought, and then I got stung by something in the water, but it was worth it, I think.
6:00 PM: Dinner at the resort restaurant. They have a buffet. I love buffets. The food was a mix of Okinawan and international cuisine. I may have over-indulged. Regretting it now, slightly.
8:00 PM: Stumbled into the bar. Ordered a Ryukyu cocktail. It was delicious and potent. Decided it was a good idea to try and learn some basic Okinawan phrases from the bartender. My Japanese, already iffy, went straight to the garbage. I was just babbling.
9:30 PM: Back in the room. Exhausted but happy. Set my alarm for an early start tomorrow, but let's be real, I'll probably hit snooze a dozen times.
Day 2: Sun, Sand, and Snorkeling (Plus a Near-Disaster)
8:00 AM (ish): Woke up. Somehow. The sun blasting through the window, the ocean beckoning. Needed coffee. Needed lots of coffee.
9:00 AM: Breakfast. The buffet is my friend. Pancakes, eggs, fruit… the works. Fueling up for adventure!
10:00 AM: Snorkeling time! Booked a snorkeling trip with the resort. The boat ride was lovely, the water was even more stunning up close. Colorful fish, coral reefs… it was like swimming in an aquarium. Pure magic.
11:30 AM: The Near-Disaster: Okay, so here's the thing. I'm not the strongest swimmer. I got a little too excited, drifted away from the group, and started panicking. The current was stronger than I thought. I gulped down a bunch of seawater (ew). Thankfully, the guide saw me and hauled me back in. Majorly embarrassing, but also, you know, alive. Note to self: Respect the ocean. And maybe take swimming lessons.
1:00 PM: Back on the boat, shaken but not stirred. Had lunch on the boat, which was okay. Back at the resort. Needed to lie down.
2:00 PM: Napped. A deep, restorative nap. Needed it.
3:00 PM: Beach time again. This time, I stuck to the shallows. Built a pathetic sandcastle. Watched the waves. Feeling calmer.
5:00 PM: Wandered around the resort. The place is huge. Got lost. Found a little shop selling local crafts. Bought a ridiculously cute Shisa dog figurine.
7:00 PM: Dinner at a local restaurant. Found a tiny izakaya (Japanese pub) a short walk from the resort. The food was incredible. Seriously, the best tempura I've ever had. The atmosphere was lively, the locals were friendly, and even though I mostly pointed at things on the menu, I felt like I was actually experiencing Okinawa.
9:00 PM: Back at the resort. Sat on the balcony, listening to the ocean. The stars are incredible here. Thinking about life. Feeling grateful.
Day 3: Culture, Crafts, and Karaoke (Maybe a Little Too Much Karaoke)
9:00 AM: Finally managed to get up early. Feeling good. Breakfast, of course.
10:00 AM: Decided to visit the Churaumi Aquarium. It's supposed to be amazing, and it was! The whale sharks were HUGE. The tanks are pristine. Spent a good two hours wandering around, completely mesmerized.
12:30 PM: Lunch at a little cafe near the aquarium. Had some Okinawan soba noodles. Delicious.
2:00 PM: Visited a local craft market. Bought a beautiful piece of pottery. The woman who made it was lovely, even though we couldn't really understand each other. Art transcends language, you know?
4:00 PM: Found a karaoke bar. Sigh. Okay, this is where things get a little…unhinged. I'm a terrible singer, but after a couple of drinks, my inhibitions vanished. I sang (or, more accurately, screamed) a selection of 80's power ballads. The locals were either horrified or amused. I'm going to choose to believe it was the latter.
6:00 PM: Dinner. Ate soba noodles again. Needed something to soak up the alcohol.
7:00 PM: Back to the karaoke bar. The night is a blur of bad singing, questionable dance moves, and laughter. At one point, I attempted a duet with a very patient Japanese man. It was a disaster.
10:00 PM: Back at the resort. Head throbbing. Regretting everything. But also, kind of not. It was an experience.
11:00 PM: Passed out.
Day 4: Relaxation and Departure (With a Hint of Sadness)
10:00 AM: Woke up. Slowly. Very slowly.
11:00 AM: Decided I needed a massage. Found the resort spa. It was heaven. The masseuse worked wonders.
1:00 PM: Last lunch at the resort. Ate everything I could possibly eat.
2:00 PM: Packed my bags. Feeling a pang of sadness. I don't want to leave.
3:00 PM: One last walk on the beach. Said goodbye to the ocean.
4:00 PM: Checked out. Said goodbye to the lovely staff.
4:30 PM: Taxi to the airport. The driver was chatty again, but I was too tired to try and understand.
6:00 PM: Flight back home.
Conclusion: Okinawa was amazing. The beauty, the food, the people… I loved it all. Yes, there were moments of chaos, near-disasters, and questionable karaoke choices. But that's what makes it memorable. I'll be back. And next time, I'm definitely taking swimming lessons. And maybe avoiding the karaoke bar. (Probably not.)

So, is this "LAZOR SEA RESORT" actually paradise, or just, you know, *another* resort? Because, let's be honest, my track record with paradise is... spotty.
Okay, deep breath. Paradise? Look, I'm a cynical travel writer, I've seen things. And while LAZOR SEA RESORT isn't *literally* the Garden of Eden (no tempting apple, sadly), it's pretty darn close. Think turquoise water that looks Photoshopped (it's not, I swear!), soft white sand that squishes between your toes like a dream, and sunsets that'll make you weep. Weeping! I actually *did* weep the first night. It was the culmination of a *very* stressful year, and the fiery colours exploding over the ocean just... broke me. Not in a bad way, mind you. More like a "finally, I can breathe" way. So, yeah. Pretty close to paradise, in my book. Just don’t expect perfect. More on that later…
Alright, alright, you’ve got my attention. What's the deal with this “LAZOR” thing? Is it some kind of sci-fi laser show? Because if so, I'm in!
Okay, so the "LAZOR" part? My first thought was definitely lasers. Like, maybe giant laser sharks battling underwater? (Hey, a girl can dream!). Sadly, no laser sharks. But the name refers to the *amazing* view. The way the sunlight hits the water? It's like diamonds are scattered across the surface. They really lean into the whole "light" thing. The spa, for example, is called "Illumination". It's a little… much, if I’m being honest. I mean, I'm not sure my chakras were *actually* illuminated, but the massage was divine. Seriously, the best I've ever had. They use these strange, fragrant oils, and I nearly drifted off to sleep mid-rubdown. Almost missed the sunset again! Which would have been a *travesty*.
Let's talk about the rooms. Are we talking cramped shoeboxes with a view of the parking lot, or actual, breathing-room-having, luxurious accommodations? Because I NEED space. I get claustrophobic.
Okay, ROOMS. This is crucial. I'm a space hog. I like to spread out. And the rooms at LAZOR are… *generous*. We're talking spacious balconies, huge beds (heaven!), and bathrooms bigger than some apartments I’ve lived in. My room had a direct ocean view. Woke up to it every morning. It was… *bliss*. I spent a ridiculous amount of time just sitting on the balcony, drinking coffee, and staring at the water. Actually, I *lost* time. Like, hours disappeared. I'd be thinking, "Oh, I should probably get ready for dinner," and then look at the clock and realize it was already sunset. Oops. There's also a slight problem with the air conditioning. It wasn't *freezing* but didn't quite get as cold as I liked. I would have called someone, but I was too busy staring at the ocean and forgetting what day it was. So, yeah... space is good. AC could be better, but the view, the view... *chef's kiss*
The food. The *food*. Is it all generic buffet fare, or are we talking legit Okinawan cuisine and culinary adventures? Because I live to eat.
The food. My *favorite* topic. Okay, let's be real. Buffets are a necessary evil. LAZOR has one, and it's… fine. But the *real* magic happens in the other restaurants. They have a traditional Okinawan place, and oh my *goodness*. I'm talking *goya champuru* (bitter melon stir-fry – sounds weird, tastes AMAZING), *soki soba* (pork rib noodles – comfort food on a whole new level), and fresh, *fresh* seafood. I had the best grilled octopus of my *life* there. Seriously, the octopus was perfect. Tender, flavorful, slightly charred… I'm salivating just thinking about it. And the cocktails? Don't even get me started. They use local fruits, and the presentation is gorgeous. I may or may not have consumed a few too many one evening. Woke up with a slight headache, but it was worth it. Absolutely worth it.
Okay, so... activities? Is there anything to *do* besides stare at the ocean and eat delicious food (which, admittedly, sounds pretty perfect)?
Yes! Although, let's be honest, staring at the ocean and eating delicious food is a *very* valid activity. But yeah, there's stuff. Snorkeling and diving are HUGE. The coral reefs are stunning, and I saw more fish than I could count. (Okay, I’m exaggerating. I can count. But there were a LOT). They also offer kayaking, paddleboarding, and even jet skis. I tried kayaking. I’m not exactly graceful. Let's just say I spent more time IN the water than ON the water. But it was still fun! And the staff were super helpful (and didn't laugh *too* much). There's also a spa (mentioned it before, it's dreamy). And, of course, the beach. Miles and miles of soft, white sand. You can just wander, collect seashells, and lose yourself in the moment. Which is exactly what I did. Multiple times. Don't forget the shops, too. You can easily buy souvenirs. Or, you know, more cocktails.
Is it kid-friendly? I'm traveling with… *ahem*… a small human. And by "small human," I mean a tiny tornado of energy.
Kid-friendly? Yes! But... let's be realistic. It's a *resort*. So, while they have a kids' club and a pool specifically for the little ones, it's not a *Disneyland*. I saw a few families there. The kids seemed to be having a blast. Lots of splashing in the pool, building sandcastles, and generally running around. The staff were patient and friendly, which is always a plus. However... be prepared for the usual kid-related chaos. Screaming, meltdowns, the whole shebang. I personally enjoy a kid-free holiday, but if you're traveling with a small human, LAZOR seems to be a good bet. Just pack earplugs. And maybe a large bottle of wine for yourself.
The one thing you didn’t like? What’s the catch? Nothing is perfect, right?
Alright, the *catch*. Okay, here's the slightly less-than-perfect part. The service, while generally good, had some… inconsistencies. One day, the staff wasSleep Stop Guide

